UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

translation error

Jump to solution

Dear friends,
I've faced with an error during translation phase of my project and need your help.
My projects is synthesized correctly, but when the translation phase come across, the error is occured and
a debuger window (visual studio Just-In-Time Debugger) is opened and says "an unhandled win32 exception occured in ngdbuild.exe".
I searched in google and found some forums talking about a kind of this problem (not exactly the same)
they said "this problem is because of installing "visual studio" on your pc.
One of them had offered to go to this path: "my computer's properties=>advanced=> performance setting=>data execution prevention"
and get the first option "turn on DEP for essential windows programs and servises only" checked.
He said that when vsual studio is installed, it automatically changes this option to
second one. But in my pc the first option hasn't changed.
I don't know what to do. One of the friends offered to uninstall xp and reinstall again.
but I think if I want to install visual studio again, this problem may happened again.
Sorry if the post is long, but I have to describe the problem obviously.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ghasem

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: translation error

Jump to solution

Dear Gabor,

Thanks for answering my question.

Actually, my problem was solved. I had anothe Xilinx ISE12.1. So I uninstalled the one installed on my pc and install the new one and the problem solved! It should be mentioned that at the first time, I had installed ISE in drive 'D' (windows was installed on C), and after that I installed visual studio 2008 on drive 'D' too. But the second time I installed ISE on drive 'C'.

I don't know which one of the below issues was the problem:

The ISE I used at first

Installing ISE on a drive other than windows drive

Installing visual studio after ISE

Any how, one of the above issues was the problem and the problem solved.

(I am writing these issues in case another friend face with the same problem, he or she can do these things and will get the result)

Thank you again for spending your time reading my problem. I really really appreciate it.

Regards,

Ghasem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Professor
Professor

Jump to solution

It would probably be a lot easier to re-install Xilinx ISE first in case this is not the issue you

think it is.  Also it may actually be caused by some issue with your project that causes

the crash.  Have checked whether ngdbuild.exe will crash for some other project including

example or tutorial designs?

If the problem seems to be limited to your project, then you may want to open a webcase

to see if it can be resolved.

Beyond that, it would help to know what OS (and version) you're running, and what

version of ISE.

-- Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Dear Gabor,

Thanks for answering my question.

Actually, my problem was solved. I had anothe Xilinx ISE12.1. So I uninstalled the one installed on my pc and install the new one and the problem solved! It should be mentioned that at the first time, I had installed ISE in drive 'D' (windows was installed on C), and after that I installed visual studio 2008 on drive 'D' too. But the second time I installed ISE on drive 'C'.

I don't know which one of the below issues was the problem:

The ISE I used at first

Installing ISE on a drive other than windows drive

Installing visual studio after ISE

Any how, one of the above issues was the problem and the problem solved.

(I am writing these issues in case another friend face with the same problem, he or she can do these things and will get the result)

Thank you again for spending your time reading my problem. I really really appreciate it.

Regards,

Ghasem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos