UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voyager
Voyager

why vivado throwing error if i use bufg and bufgctrl on same net ?

Jump to solution

Hi friends,

why vivado throwing error if i use bufg and bufgctrl on same net ?

BUF_BUFCTRL_Issue.png

Any help or suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thank You

S Sam

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: why vivado throwing error if i use bufg and bufgctrl on same net ?

Jump to solution

@ssampath

My suggestion from below forum post applies for this error too. Site "IOB_X0Y141" is not clock capable IO. You need to change it to clock capable IO to overcome the error message. 

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Implementation/placement-error-even-clock-from-IOB-to-PLL-of-same-region/m-p/928455/highlight/false#M23347

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

@ssampath

Can you share the complete error message?

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

Clock Rule: rule_cascaded_bufg
    Rule Description: Cascaded bufg (bufg->bufg) must be adjacent and cyclic
    U_POLARIS_CORE/U_carplay_mux/PHY12 (BUFGCTRL.O) is provisionally placed by clockplacer on BUFGCTRL_X0Y30
    U_POLARIS_CORE/U_carplay_mux/PHY123 (BUFGCTRL.I0) is provisionally placed by clockplacer on BUFGCTRL_X0Y29

Clock Rule: rule_cascaded_bufg
    Rule Description: Cascaded bufg (bufg->bufg) must be adjacent and cyclic
    U_UTMI_PHY1_CLK/clkout1_buf (BUFG.O) is provisionally placed by clockplacer on BUFGCTRL_X0Y31
    U_POLARIS_CORE/U_carplay_mux/PHY12 (BUFGCTRL.I0) is provisionally placed by clockplacer on BUFGCTRL_X0Y30

Clock Rule: rule_mmcm_bufg
    Rule Description: An MMCM driving a BUFG must be placed on the same half side (top/bottom) of the device
    U_UTMI_PHY1_CLK/mmcm_adv_inst (MMCME2_ADV.CLKFBOUT) is provisionally placed by clockplacer on MMCME2_ADV_X0Y4
    U_UTMI_PHY1_CLK/clkf_buf (BUFG.I) is provisionally placed by clockplacer on BUFGCTRL_X0Y28

Clock Rule: rule_mmcm_bufg
    Rule Description: An MMCM driving a BUFG must be placed on the same half side (top/bottom) of the device
    U_UTMI_PHY2_CLK/mmcm_adv_inst (MMCME2_ADV.CLKFBOUT) is provisionally placed by clockplacer on MMCME2_ADV_X0Y5
    U_UTMI_PHY2_CLK/clkf_buf (BUFG.I) is provisionally placed by clockplacer on BUFGCTRL_X0Y26

Clock Rule: rule_gclkio_mmcm_1load
    Rule Description: An IOB driving a single MMCM must both be in the same clock region if CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE=BACKBONE
    is NOT set
    utmi_phy_1_clk60_IBUF_inst (IBUF.O) is locked to IOB_X0Y174
    U_UTMI_PHY1_CLK/mmcm_adv_inst (MMCME2_ADV.CLKIN1) is provisionally placed by clockplacer on MMCME2_ADV_X0Y4
    ERROR: The above is also an illegal clock rule
    Workaround: < set_property CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE BACKBONE [get_nets utmi_phy_1_clk60_IBUF] >

Clock Rule: rule_gclkio_mmcm_1load
    Rule Description: An IOB driving a single MMCM must both be in the same clock region if CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE=BACKBONE
    is NOT set
    utmi_phy_2_clk60_IBUF_inst (IBUF.O) is locked to IOB_X0Y141
    U_UTMI_PHY2_CLK/mmcm_adv_inst (MMCME2_ADV.CLKIN1) is provisionally placed by clockplacer on MMCME2_ADV_X0Y5
    ERROR: The above is also an illegal clock rule
    Workaround: < set_property CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE BACKBONE [get_nets utmi_phy_2_clk60_IBUF] >

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@ssampath

My suggestion from below forum post applies for this error too. Site "IOB_X0Y141" is not clock capable IO. You need to change it to clock capable IO to overcome the error message. 

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Implementation/placement-error-even-clock-from-IOB-to-PLL-of-same-region/m-p/928455/highlight/false#M23347

--Syed

0 Kudos