UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer pcross
Observer

1G/10G/25G Fail Bitstream/Implementation Generation Unused License Issue

Jump to solution

I am trying to generate Bitstream for a design that uses the 1G/10G/25G Switching Ethernet Subsystem. 

I have it configured as Ethernet MAC+PCS/PMA 64-bit. I have the xxv_eth_mac_pcs and the x_eth_mac licenses.

I have AN set to None and LT/FEC unchecked (clauses 72,73, and 74). According to the spec I do not need the xxv_eth_basekr license unless I am using one of these 3 features which I am not and I do not have the license. Previously the design would implement but then fail at generation, I noticed it was using a "Design Linking" License for xxv_eth_basekr but this will not allow generation. Thinking maybe Vivado saw the license and slapped the modules in without my intended use I removed the license completely. Synthesis failed instead. Now if I check IP Status I can see from the report that I have a bought license for xxv_eth_mac_pcs and x_eth_mac but I have no license for xxv_eth_basekr. I don't want to use the license, I don't want the IP core using that part of the IP but it simply will not remove whether I uncheck the features or not.

Please how do I get this IP to not use the optional features that I don't want so that I can actually generate a bitstream.

Error:

Fatal Error. License Check failed for secure IP for feature 'xxv_eth_basekr@2019.04'. Exiting Synthesis.
License Check diagnostics :
The license feature Internal_bitstream could not be found., No such feature exists.
Feature: Internal_bitstream

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: 1G/10G/25G Fail Bitstream/Implementation Generation Unused License Issue

Jump to solution

Hello @pcross ,

Please note that there was in issue in 2019.1 with this particular IP Core, where the expected behaviour is that Ethernet MAC+PCS/PMA 64-bit requires 2 paid based license keys: xxv_ethe_mac_pcs and x_eth_mac

However, the IP Flow incorrectly enables BASE-KR when using Ethernet MAC+PCS/PMA 64-bit, with AN option set to None. Due to this, currently Ethernet MAC+PCS/PMA 64-bit requires a 3rd fee based license key: base-kr, which is an incorrect behaviour, as the Include Auto Negotiation is set to None. 

Using Ethernet MAC+PCS/PMA 32-bit, everything works as expected.

This behaviour is addressed now in 2019.2 version of Vivado

Therefore, please use 2019.2 version of Vivado and you should know see this behaviour then.

However, if you must use e.g. 2019.1, please let me know and I can reach out the owner of this IP and see what they can do in this situation for you to be able to by pass this issue in 2019.1.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello @pcross ,

Please note that there was in issue in 2019.1 with this particular IP Core, where the expected behaviour is that Ethernet MAC+PCS/PMA 64-bit requires 2 paid based license keys: xxv_ethe_mac_pcs and x_eth_mac

However, the IP Flow incorrectly enables BASE-KR when using Ethernet MAC+PCS/PMA 64-bit, with AN option set to None. Due to this, currently Ethernet MAC+PCS/PMA 64-bit requires a 3rd fee based license key: base-kr, which is an incorrect behaviour, as the Include Auto Negotiation is set to None. 

Using Ethernet MAC+PCS/PMA 32-bit, everything works as expected.

This behaviour is addressed now in 2019.2 version of Vivado

Therefore, please use 2019.2 version of Vivado and you should know see this behaviour then.

However, if you must use e.g. 2019.1, please let me know and I can reach out the owner of this IP and see what they can do in this situation for you to be able to by pass this issue in 2019.1.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Observer pcross
Observer

Jump to solution

Upgrading to 2019.2 now thank you for identifying a solution. 

Observer pcross
Observer

Jump to solution

Oh um I wish I could unaccept an answer now. It seems I miss understood how Vivado writes it's licenses. My license manager says I had version limit 2019.07 which I assumed meant I could install new Vivado tools until Vivado version 2019.7 was released. Turns out I was wrong and I guess that is some kind of month of release field so since 2019.2 came out in month 11 it says I need licenses version 2019.11 or higher in order to do anything.

So I'll work on getting an upgraded license but in the immediate is there any way I could address this problem while using 2019.1?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I see, thanks a lot for letting me know @pcross .

Indeed, there is 2019.1 version of Vivado and 2019.01 which is the version limit of a license file, which corresponds to January 2019.

2019.07 license will work with any Vivado releases that came out before the last day in July 2019.

2019.2 just came out in November, so the license it is looking for needs to have the minimum version limit of 2019.11 or higher. More info can be found here:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/33770.html

In relation to a workaround for 2019.1, please leave this with me and i will get back to you once i hear back from the marketing team of this IP.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos