cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

2020.1 hardware server standalone?

Jump to solution

How can I download the Hardware Server Standalone? It was available for 2019.2 but not for 2020.1.

1. The servers don't have Internet (and/or I don't want to download anything every time on each individual server)
  2. Without Linux Self Extracting Web Installer
    1. I don't want to use any Xilinx account that is mandatory with it
    2. I can't launch it on my Centos/RHEL servers due to all the untested Java bugs before released by Xilinx folks
  3. I just want an USB key with the Hardware Server installer only, offline, account free.

Any workaround for such a simple feature? Maybe removing useless files from the 35+GB All-in-one installer?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello @alexis_jp ,

FYI - In order to download any file of Software from Xilinx, you'd still need a valid Xilinx.com profile. We need to make sure that we know who downloads our software.

As you may/may not know, due to strict internal export control policy, it is no longer possible to maintain an online account in some E or D category countries.

If the country that users are trying to obtain Xilinx license/software from has been identified as a D category county, they will NOT be able to download Xilinx software.

For more info, please go through the link below: https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/documents/regulation-docs/2255-supplement-no-1-to-part-740-country-groups-1/file

The Answer Record in the error message also explains this situation: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44043.html.

So, for you to be able to obtain Vivado Lab Tools (which is potentially your Vivado Hardware Manager +Vivado Logic Analyzer), you'd still need to have a valid Xilinx.com profile. And based on the fact that you've raised this Forum topic, you do have one, so you can use this profile and using some other machine that has access to internet, download Vivado Lab Edition Single File Download (SFD) using Webinstaller .

There is an option there where you can select download now and install later:

image.png

image.png

As you can see, there is an option to either obtain Lab Edition (if you also need Vivado Logic Analyzer) or HW Server.

You can then save this on an USB and transfer this to your Linux machine that is not connected to internet. And install this from your USB then.

Please note that I've also requested to see if the Vivado Lab Edition Single File Download (SFD) can be added into the Xilinx Downloads page. I believe this can be done, however for now, please note that you'd need to use Vivado Webinstaller to be able to obtain 2020.1 Vivado Lab Edition SFD.

Alternatively, for now, you can continue using 2019.2 version of Vivado Lab Edition (i.e. Vivado HW manager).

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Hello @alexis_jp ,

FYI - In order to download any file of Software from Xilinx, you'd still need a valid Xilinx.com profile. We need to make sure that we know who downloads our software.

As you may/may not know, due to strict internal export control policy, it is no longer possible to maintain an online account in some E or D category countries.

If the country that users are trying to obtain Xilinx license/software from has been identified as a D category county, they will NOT be able to download Xilinx software.

For more info, please go through the link below: https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/documents/regulation-docs/2255-supplement-no-1-to-part-740-country-groups-1/file

The Answer Record in the error message also explains this situation: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44043.html.

So, for you to be able to obtain Vivado Lab Tools (which is potentially your Vivado Hardware Manager +Vivado Logic Analyzer), you'd still need to have a valid Xilinx.com profile. And based on the fact that you've raised this Forum topic, you do have one, so you can use this profile and using some other machine that has access to internet, download Vivado Lab Edition Single File Download (SFD) using Webinstaller .

There is an option there where you can select download now and install later:

image.png

image.png

As you can see, there is an option to either obtain Lab Edition (if you also need Vivado Logic Analyzer) or HW Server.

You can then save this on an USB and transfer this to your Linux machine that is not connected to internet. And install this from your USB then.

Please note that I've also requested to see if the Vivado Lab Edition Single File Download (SFD) can be added into the Xilinx Downloads page. I believe this can be done, however for now, please note that you'd need to use Vivado Webinstaller to be able to obtain 2020.1 Vivado Lab Edition SFD.

Alternatively, for now, you can continue using 2019.2 version of Vivado Lab Edition (i.e. Vivado HW manager).

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

@anatoliDefinitely, my problem was more to use an account on each individual server I want to install the hardware server only. Thanks for the reminder tho.

That's perfect if I can just move the downloaded files with the online installer.

As said Vivado's installer doesn't support the latest versions of Centos. Xilinx's installer gui dev team should study more.

The command line would have been better than screenshot.

Moreover, no, Vivado 2020.1 doesn't let me to open a connection with a 2019.2 HW server.

alexis_jp_0-1604016960846.png

Thanks.