Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

30 day evalutaion licence for ISE 14.3

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a Spartan-6 series FPGA development board . I have downloaded and installed ISE 14.3 and want to use XPS.  I tried to get 30 day evaluation licence by following the instruction accordingly. I was redirected to Xilinx website and there was no licence file for ISE 14.3 so i generated 30 day evaluation licence for vivado-HLS from one of the available options. The problem is this licence is not working for my XPS 14.3. The licence file is properly installed and listed by Xilinx Licence Configuration Manager  as I can see the licence file in “Manage Xilinx Licences ” tab.  Whenever I try to open XPS( Xilinx Platform Studio) I get the following error “A licence was not found the XPS feature” . Now how can i get evaulation licence for my ISE 14.3 ?

Regards,

Ali

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Contact Xilinx sales or distributors.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

You won't be able to use XPS (Xilinx Platform Studio) with Vivado HLS evaluation license. Also separate evaluation license for ISE is also not available as ISE is in maintenance mode.
So once you are redirected to Xilinx Product Licensing Site, you need to generate the evaluation license seen in below snapshot to use the XPS feature.

Capture.PNG 

With this license, you can use XPS feature as it is listed in the license file. Make sure that you are using Certificate Based License (.lic) to use ISE features.

Hope this helps. 

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm having the same problem.

I don't think its possible to generate the license you suggest since the ISE has been moved to "legacy" software.

It says you must request certifcate based licneses from Vivado.... yet Vivado does not support Spartan 6.

Thus it appears to be a Catch-22.

If I'm missing something please let us know.   I repeat I'm having exactly the same issue getting an eval license for a Spartan 6 part that was not part of the web pack stuff.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I had it backwards, but not about the problem.

ISE evaulation option does NOT show up under Certificate based licenses any more .... so the suggested fix does not work.   As I said before, I "think" this is because ISE is no longer really supported.     

Yet,  Activation based license for evaluation can only be obtained (if at all) through Vivado.     Which does not support any Spartan parts.     

Thus there are parts that are "Orphaned" and can't be used Via ANY evaluation license.    If a "legacy" part is not in the web pack list but you are stuck with looking at some old board with one of these on it to "evaulate" whether a change would work and thus be worth paying for a license and more parts again....    you CAN"T. 

I'm stuck with the 150 size Spartan 6 in this case and I tried several ways, best as I can tell ... Xilinx has truly orphaned this one since it wasn't a web pack part.      Now maybe it should be?  and any other legacy orphaned ones....    very frustrating.    Frustrating enough to quit trying and try a different solution all together actually.

Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Contact Xilinx sales or distributors.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi, 

This option does not appear during licence generation process.  The available options snapshot is attached.

Regards, 

Ali

snap1.PNG
sanp2.PNG
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

Finally i got the evaluation licence for ISE 14.3 by contacting local distrubutor. If any one facing same problem then he must contact local distrutor. Here is the link

http://www.xilinx.com/company/contact/auth-disti-table.htm

Regards,

Ali

0 Kudos