Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

30 days Evaluation License Synthesis Error

Jump to solution

Hi,

I recently obtained a license file for the 30 day evaluation of Vivado 2015.3.  I have placed the license file in the .xilinx directory and on running license manager the license appears and indicates it is valid.  When trying to synthesise I get the following error:

[common 17-345] A valid license file was not found for feature 'synthesis' and/or device 'xc7a35t'.  Please run vivado license manager for assistance in determining which features and devices are supported for your system.

Any help appreciated.

Graham

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: 30 days Evaluation License Synthesis Error

Jump to solution

Ok so that now works.  The question is why are you able to generate a certificate based lic file if it won't work?

Graham

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @dstlgsmith,

It seems the license is not properly installed on your system. Please check this video which has details about generating and installing activation based node-locked license

http://www.xilinx.com/training/vivado/vivado-licensing-and-activation-overview.htm

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

Which OS are you using?

Can you please run this command in tcl console:

report_environment -file env.txt

and share the output(env.txt) here?

Thanks,
Nupur

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

My OS is Windows 7.

The license is a .lic certificate based one due to the machine not being connected to the internet.

I will run the sugested tcl commands and report back.

Graham

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @dstlgsmith,

Even if the machine is not connected to internet you can generate activation based license. Please check below AR 

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/61597.html

Regards,
Ashish
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Ok so that now works.  The question is why are you able to generate a certificate based lic file if it won't work?

Graham

View solution in original post

0 Kudos