cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

A valid license was not found for feature 'Synthesis' even though license is in License Manager

Jump to solution
I was using the Vivado and Vivado HLS software initially on a Windows 7 laptop, 
but then I decided to switch over to a Linux-64 bit desktop. Since then, I have
been getting license errors when I try to use the RTL analysis feature. I get the
error message shown below. When I look into the license manager, it shows a valid
license for all features, including the synthesis feature. I did update the host computer information, including OS type and computer name, but
I left the host ID the same. However, the website did not allow me to enter more than
one host computer with the same host ID, and in order to delete the other host computer,
I needed to delete the license from my account profile. I did try closing the program and opening it again, but still the same error.
Device is xc7vx485tffg1761-2 VC707 evaluation kit

[Common 17-345] A valid license was not found for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7vx485t'. Please run the Vivado License Manager for assistance in determining
which features and devices are licensed for your system.
Resolution: Check the status of your licenses in the Vivado License Manager.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @agailey,

From the shared env.txt, its clear that there is a Host ID mismatch because of which you are getting this license error. You need to rehost the license to the HOST ID of the current machine. Please follow the steps suggested in the AR#36136 for rehosting the license to current machine.

Thanks & Regards,
A.Shameer

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @agailey

1. Run "report_environment -file <filepath>/env.txt" in tcl console of vivado and provide env.txt to evaluate. 

2. Provide full snapshot of vivado license manager which shows the valid license for the Vivado. 

3. Also provide the license file which you are using for your Vivado to check.

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Attached are the env.txt file, a screenshot of the license information and the .lic file.

Thanks

~Alycia

license manager screenshot.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @agailey,

From the shared env.txt, its clear that there is a Host ID mismatch because of which you are getting this license error. You need to rehost the license to the HOST ID of the current machine. Please follow the steps suggested in the AR#36136 for rehosting the license to current machine.

Thanks & Regards,
A.Shameer

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Okay, it works now.  Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted

One of the reason could be that your license server is running on obselete version of xilinxd licensing daemon, you need to upgrade to current version. You need to upgrade linux_flexlm_v11.13.1.3 to linux_flexlm_v11.14.1.0. You can get the suitable zip file for License Management Tools (Flex_v11.14.1.0) at the bottom of this page  https://www.xilinx.com/support/download.htmlVivado 2017.3 and later versions require upgrading your license server tools to the Flex 11.14.1 versions listed above. Please note that Vivado 2017.3  is the last release that will support Solaris operating system. Xilinx will continue to support Windows and Linux operating systems. (1).

Download and unzip, open terminal, cd to /path/to/linux_flexlm_v11.14.1.0/lnx64.o and run chmod +x lmgrd.sh (to get execution rights) and run it.

You can run it by making license.sh file. license.sh file should work like:

#!/bin/bash
cd /path/to/linux_flexlm_v11.14.1.0/lnx64.o
./lmgrd.sh -c ~/path/to/Xilinx.lic -l 1.log

-c means next is the license file and -l means next is the log file. Everytime you need to run license for synthesis etc, just run that license.sh (./license.sh) file and there is your license working for your Vivado2017.4 and above.

0 Kudos