Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diro123
Visitor
Visitor

About Webpack Licence For 14.7 Version

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I installed 14.7 xilinx webpack version in my computer. My computer's operating system is Windows 10 Home version so I didn't install 14.7 windows 10 version (when i read installation guide for 14.7 windows 10 version, it only was designed for windows 10 pro and enterprise). My first question about this two version is that which one should i use for my computer. 

I have already installed 14.7 version designed for windows 7. While i was making licence key on xiling licence configuration manager, i selected "get free Vivado/ISE Webpack licence" because i generated licence for that on xilinx.com. I have a file which called xilinx.lic. When i wanted to load on pop-up (licence configuration manager), that pop-up close and it doesn't load xilinx.lic. Could someone help me that why does that pop-up close without loading licence file?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

There are two ISE 14.7 for Windows,

, one is W10 only, and runs a VM with a Linux on it and Xilinx pre installed,

this is the one you want,

it doe snot need registering to run, just to download

The other  ISE14.7 for W7, does not work on W10.

Id strongly suggest that you install the latest Oracal VM to you machine  

and make a Virtual Machine to check it works before you install Xilinx

Xilinx will then suggest that you use that  VM when you install ISE, which you say yes to

also note ensure you make note of the shared folder in the ISE instalation.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>

View solution in original post

6 Replies
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

There are two ISE 14.7 for Windows,

, one is W10 only, and runs a VM with a Linux on it and Xilinx pre installed,

this is the one you want,

it doe snot need registering to run, just to download

The other  ISE14.7 for W7, does not work on W10.

Id strongly suggest that you install the latest Oracal VM to you machine  

and make a Virtual Machine to check it works before you install Xilinx

Xilinx will then suggest that you use that  VM when you install ISE, which you say yes to

also note ensure you make note of the shared folder in the ISE instalation.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>

View solution in original post

diro123
Visitor
Visitor

I tried what you explain how to install it and installation problem was solved. Thank you for support.   

obparham
Adventurer
Adventurer

Or... install the W7 version and make it work with W10 without that **bleep** VM! The attached text file

talks about how to get ISE 14.7 working in W8 and this fix works with W10 too. It's not hard, just do

the normal install, rename a few DLLs and, for planahead, replace a batch file.

I have this fix running full install on both my work desktop and laptop with access to

the in-house license server and WebPack on my personal laptop.

Bruce

0 Kudos
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

That a good link @obparham 

For a work enviroment, or where your reluying upon ISE for say your Uni project

one quetion,

What level of support does that link give us ?

When W10 does one of its innumerable updates, and one breaks this setup , 

how long before I can get up and running again ?

Since W10 came in, and originally ISE did work, I have had many machines "work" then later break,

some at critical times,

So personally, now, I would not use ISE on W10, and put effort into making it work when the VM system works and is supported.

0 Kudos
obparham
Adventurer
Adventurer

The fix I listed is from an unknown 3rd party so, I assume, no official Xilinx support. Note that it was originally

intended to allow ISE to run in Win8 and it still works with Win10 even after 10's many updates. It's a use at your

own risk, YMMV kind of thing but, if a windoz update does break it, you still have the VM version as a fallback.

Bruce

drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

Well done @obparham for getting back

I just wanted to put that out there so it was 110 % clear that if you do that your on your own.

( I've been trying to install a VM over  a very bad mobile phone modem link at 3 in the morning when ISE on W10 stopped working !!, never again )

0 Kudos