cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Accessing a floating point license

I'm attempting to access a floating point license for an older version of Vivado (2015). I've set the license file path variable, and can see the full list of licenses in the licesnse status tab, but attempting to run simulation, synthesis, etc. in vivado results in a lisense not found error. All the literature I have found has suggested that the only step to using a floating point licsense on a client machine is to set the system variable. Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Accessing a floating point license

Hi @jbeem,

If your able to see the status of License (Like Synthesis, Implementation etc) in the License status window, it shouldn't be the problem with the floating license setup.

Other things you can check:

1) Since your using an older Vivado, can you mention which version of the Floating server tools you are using. From Vivado 2017.3, we have started supporting Flex 11.14.1 version only.

2) Flaoting licenses will have a limited number of seats. So make sure you have free seats to access the license. This info should also be present in the License status tab. If possible can you share a snapshot of the License status tab.

Thanks,

Aravind.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Accessing a floating point license

Hello @jbeem ,

Have you managed to overcome this issue or do you still need further support on this problem? 

However if your query is answered now, please mark a response as 'Accepted Solution' (more info on this can be found here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/solutions#solutions), so that the topic can be completed then.

We appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos