cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjellbraden

Activation Licensing failing

I'm being told "The activation licensing section below is disabled either because Vivado License Manager was not used to initiate this web session or because the Activation Request ID has already been used to generate a license. Please see http://www.xilinx.com/tools/faq.htm for more information."

HOWEVER, note that I'm really using the Vivado License Manager and the "Connect Now" button to initiate the session. What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Contact our customer service for the issue: http://www.xilinx.com/askx/customer_service_form.htm

If you didnt receive any response, contact local sales or distributors of Xilinx.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Braden,

Please try out below steps:

1. Open command prompt with administrator privileges.
2. Navigate to <vivado_installed_directory>/2014.1/bin
3. Run the command: xlicclientmgr .bat -cr request.xml
4. The above command will create a html file in the same directory.
5. Open it using any browser and see whether you are able to generate the license.

If still you are not able to generate the license, post the issue here.

Thanks,
Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos

I've been working at the same issue for a week or so, and just come across a solution.

If you grab a .lic file by accident, the license manager won't let you grab a .xml on the same "request".  Unfortunately, the tool's default (vlm and xlicclientmgr) is to reuse the existing request, which is endlessly frustrating.  The solution is to force xlicclientmgr to create a new request.  I did it like so:

xlicclientmgr -cr request.xml reference="Some_unique_name"

This produces an html file with a brand new "request", which you can open in a browser and follow the prompts to get a Vivado license.xml file, avoiding the messed up one.

Hope it helps,

J

I'm getting this same error, and the above suggestion didn't work.

"The activation licensing section below is disabled either because Vivado License Manager was not used to initiate this web session or because the Activation Request ID has already been used to generate a license."

thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
pulim
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

What is the OS that you are using?

0 Kudos

64-bit Linux specifically Fedora 20.

The command works fine and generates the xml and html files, but then when I load the html file and go to the website, the boxex are greyed out and I get the error.

thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
pulim
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Fedora is not supported OS with vivado 2014.1.

We have recently seen the similar issue where the activation license are being greyed out because of unsupported OS.

After switching to supported OS the issue got resolved.

You can find the supported OS list in the following user guide page no:14

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_1/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

supported_os.png

0 Kudos
mgillott
Observer
Observer

Hi

I had exactly the same problem of being unable to obtain a license for Vivado 2014.2 because the check box in the license management web page was greyed out.

This was on a supported Linux platform - 64 bit SLED 11 SP3.

Jeff Taylors solution solved the issue.

Thanks for that. Probably save me a week or so !

Malcolm Gillott

0 Kudos