cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Add Fedora to the supported OS list for Vivado?

Jump to solution

Would it be possible to get newer "more bleeding edge" Linux operating systems added to the official support list for Vivado? Or maybe even just add "basic" support? I'm primarily interested in improved Fedora support as my employer uses Vivado on dozens of Fedora workstations. I imagine supporting Fedora would improve compatibility on other bleeding edge distros (e.g. Arch) as well.

Fedora historically hasn't been officially supported, but Vivado has typically worked fine, albeit sometimes with a few required hacks.

Fast forward to present, and the latest release of Vivado (2020.1) won't even start the basic GUI installer. Work-arounds are available as documented here:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xilinx_Vivado#Vivado_2020.1_installer_doesn't_start

But it seems like Fedora/Bleeding Edge distro support is deteriorating. Which got me wondering, what would it take to have Xilinx support/test Fedora?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @qu41v2tyoo5p23kozb57u8rx ,

This among other Linux OS has been requested to be added to the list of compatible operating systems. Our marketing and develop teams review these requests to see if it is a viable option for the next software release. This will be noted as another request for Fedora to be added.

Thank you,
Devin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @qu41v2tyoo5p23kozb57u8rx ,

This among other Linux OS has been requested to be added to the list of compatible operating systems. Our marketing and develop teams review these requests to see if it is a viable option for the next software release. This will be noted as another request for Fedora to be added.

Thank you,
Devin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Perfect, thank you.

0 Kudos