UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Basys3 for Vivado

Jump to solution

I have license 2017.2 for Vivado and I wish to use Basys3 which has the FPGA  XC7A35T- 1CPG236C

Is Vivado version 2017.2  compatible with this device?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Basys3 for Vivado

Jump to solution

Hi @dag1,

The license will enable any version of the design tools released during or before the month specified by the Version Limit. The Red should indicate end of version limit. But looking at the VLM, you have another license which has same features with 2019.05 and hence you should be able to use the tool.

You can refer the below two links for more information on this:

- Check Expiration and Warranty period section- Link1

- AR#33770 - Link2

Thanks

Prathik

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and mark the appropriate post as 'accept as solution'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Replies
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Jump to solution

@dag1,

Yes.

Vivado is for 7 series and upward devices from Xilinx.

So when I see XC7A35T- 1CPG236C, it tells me that this part is a 7 series device and should be supported by Vivado.

btw - Xilinx licenses are universal and do not cater to a particular Vivado version. Means you should also be able to use 2017.4 or 2018.2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jump to solution

Hi @dag1,

You can use this part (below snapshot) as mentioned per this AR. https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/38221.html

basys.JPG

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and accept it as solution if your issue gets resolved.
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Thanks for your answer. You write that I should be able to install also 2018.2 with my 2017.2 license.

This is what I see when I try to use my license to install the Vivado 2018.2.

Does the attached picture indicates an error ?

SnipImage.JPG
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Let me be more specific. I have two licenses. One of them indicated 2019.5 (I used it to install version 2018,2 with no problem)

and another license indicates 2017.2 (this appears in the picture in RED ).

My question in the previous post refers only to the RED lines,

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @dag1,

The license will enable any version of the design tools released during or before the month specified by the Version Limit. The Red should indicate end of version limit. But looking at the VLM, you have another license which has same features with 2019.05 and hence you should be able to use the tool.

You can refer the below two links for more information on this:

- Check Expiration and Warranty period section- Link1

- AR#33770 - Link2

Thanks

Prathik

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and mark the appropriate post as 'accept as solution'.

Jump to solution

Hello @dag1,

Is there any further assistance required in relation to this matter? If so, please let us know and we will be glad to help you further then.

If not, and if the info provided answered your query, please mark a response that helped with your query as 'Accepted Solution' (more info on this can be found here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/solutions#solutions), so that the topic can be completed then? We appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos