Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asobeih
Explorer
Explorer

Best Path to Install Xilinx Vivado on Ubuntu 16.04

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to install Xilinx Vivado 2018.3 on my Ubuntu 16.04. The installer suggests this path "/tools/Xilinx" to install the tools.

However, I installed Xilinx Vivado on Ubuntu before and the default setup path with the "opt/Xilinx" instead.

So, is that fine to install the tools in "tools/Xilinx"? given that the folder "tools" doesn't exist and the installer will take care of creating it,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
evant_nq
Explorer
Explorer

You can install it in tools or any other directory you want. If it doesn't have permissions to create or write to the folder it will let you know. You will make sure that you update any alias to your settings64.sh scripts for sourcing the tools to reflect the correct path. If you have it pointing to opt/Xilinx, it won't call the right version of the script to call the tools.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
evant_nq
Explorer
Explorer

You can install it in tools or any other directory you want. If it doesn't have permissions to create or write to the folder it will let you know. You will make sure that you update any alias to your settings64.sh scripts for sourcing the tools to reflect the correct path. If you have it pointing to opt/Xilinx, it won't call the right version of the script to call the tools.

View solution in original post