cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohahasa
Visitor
Visitor

Bit stream generation error for the xc7k325t FPGA device in XGS due to licensing issue

Jump to solution

Dear Community,

I am facing an issue with the license of the Xilinx System Generator. I had purchased the XGS so that I could use it with MATLAB/Simulink (which is the only way we are using the XGS software) to make HDL code for the xc7k325t FPGA module inside the dSPACE MicroLabBox platform.

However, currently what issue we are facing is an error in the generation of the "bitstream" file. Upon checking the log file, it seems that the license had expired after only one month, which I understand is the issue for the xc7k325t FPGA device. I have attached the screen shots of log file and the build outputs that will show the error in detail. I also attached a screen shot of the Vivado License Manager showing three instances of SysGen where two have expired within 1 month, and the other one shows "Permanent"; I am not sure what to make of that.

Is there a way to solve this issue? I think that the XGS software should work for 1 year (at least) from the date of license activation. I have installed the VIVADO software (version 2017.4), but only because that software is required for the XGS to be installed. I do not use the VIVADO software in any way, the only way I interact with the XGS is through MATLAB/Simulink. For this purpose only, is it not possible to provide license for the xc7k325t FPGA device? I really cannot change the FPGA module to one of the freely supported FPGA modules that are included in the VIVADO WebPack, because our FPGA module is an internal part of the dSPACE MicroLabBox platform.

I will be grateful for any assistance regarding this matter. Thanking you in advance,

Yours sincerely,
Mohammed Mahedi Hasan
PhD Researcher, MOBI Labs
Vrije Universiteit Brussels

Capture.PNG
vivado_license_manager.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
devinl
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mohahasa,

While the Sysgen shows permanent and available, the Synthesis (Vivado license) has expired as expected per the date shown. This would be why you cannot complete the bitstream since a tools license is required. As you mentioned that this only expired after 1 month I believe your next step would be to contact your Xilinx marketing rep on either a new entitlement or why this expired after one month vs the year. If you are not sure who that might be, you can use the link below to find the appropriate marketing rep.

https://www.xilinx.com/about/contact/sales-reps.html

Thank you,
Devin

View solution in original post

2 Replies
devinl
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mohahasa,

While the Sysgen shows permanent and available, the Synthesis (Vivado license) has expired as expected per the date shown. This would be why you cannot complete the bitstream since a tools license is required. As you mentioned that this only expired after 1 month I believe your next step would be to contact your Xilinx marketing rep on either a new entitlement or why this expired after one month vs the year. If you are not sure who that might be, you can use the link below to find the appropriate marketing rep.

https://www.xilinx.com/about/contact/sales-reps.html

Thank you,
Devin

View solution in original post

anatoli

Hello @mohahasa,

Is there any further assistance required in relation to this matter? If so, please let us know and we will be glad to help you further then.

However if your query is answered now, please mark a response as 'Accepted Solution' (more info on this can be found here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/solutions#solutions), so that the topic can be completed then.

We appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------