cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ikennaokafor

Bitstream Generation Failed

Jump to solution

When trying to generate a bitstream for device xcvu37p-es1, I get an error message saying: 

ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: Your license for device 'xcvu37p-es1' is setup for evaluation or trial purposes only. Bitstream creation is disabled for this license. Please run the Vivado License Manager for assistance in determining which features and devices are licensed for your system.

When running Vivado License Manager and scrolling near the bottom I see several licenses with a "_bitgen" suffix such as "xczu4eg_bitgen." 

If my assumption is correct, does this mean that I need to purchase a license called "xcvu37p-es1_bitgen" in order for me to generate a bitstream for the xcvu37p-es1?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
graces

Yes, the _bitgen features enable bitstream generation for ES devices.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
graces

Yes, the _bitgen features enable bitstream generation for ES devices.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.

View solution in original post