08-19-2010 07:50 AM
I purchase evaluation board with vertex6
I download ISE 12.1, install full version, make 30 dayes evaluation, get license. But, when i do in XPS generate bitstream i get:
INFO:Security:65 - Your license for 'ISE' is for trial use only.
INFO:Security:69 - Bitstream creation is disabled for trial licenses.
WARNING:Bitgen:26 - Bitgen only supports DRC but not bitstream generation on
this device. This condition can occur if there are problems obtaining a
license to run bitgen or if the design targets a device which is Early
And, as result, i didn't get the system.bit file. I dont use trial version, i use evaluation of 30 days. Looks like a bug??? or i misunderstand something?
08-19-2010 04:10 PM
You are right, the eval license should allow for bitstream generation.
- Make sure the license actually says evaluation in the license file.
- If you have had a trial license previously, make sure that it is not being found some how. Clear the license cache if needed.
If you verify that the eval license is the only one being found and you still have the problem, please open a technical support case.
08-21-2010 11:53 PM
Thanks, it works.
For the nnew users of ISE the process looks like:
1. Install ISE and other components
2. Close Manage license application - you will do it later
3. Go to C:\.Xilinx
4. In the directory you will see files:
delete all of them
5. Open "Manage Xilinx Licenses" application (Start->Xilinx-> Accessories)
6. Acquire a license tab
7. If you new user and wish use studio for 30-days for evaluation use next steps:
Choose "Start 30 days evaluation" radio button
Click "Next" button
8. Register yourself
9. create 30 days license (not webpack)
10. save the license on HD
11. In "Manage Xilinx Licenses" application go to ""Manage Xilinx Licenses" tab
12. Press "Copy License" button
13. Load your license
14. if you want check if it working, go to XPS->create new project->remove all peripheral devices->click on "Generate Bitstream"-> wait 5 minutes for next 4 lines magic sentences in output window:
Creating bit map...
Saving bit stream in "system.bit".
Bitstream generation is complete.
say "Jesus Christ" or "Baruch Ashem" or "Alla Ahbar", depend on your religion :-) !!!