UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor angelo1994
Visitor

Buying 2nd hand Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA SP605 Evaluation kit

Hello guys

I'm planning to buy a SP605 for a good price 2nd hand. Its from 2009.

But I need to know can I just buy this card an use it?

Or do I need his license or create my own license?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Re: Buying 2nd hand Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA SP605 Evaluation kit

@angelo1994,

With certain Xilinx boards, licenses are provided. But this being from 2009, I am sure the one provided with this (if at all a license was provided) must have expired.

You need ISE Webpack to work with this board and a free license will be provided to work with it.

The license will be specific to the PC you will use, so generate your own.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Historian
Historian

This board uses a Spartan-6 LX45. While the board probably originally came with a device locked license, you can use the ISE WebPack license instead. You can look at the ISE software matrix here (which shows that the WebPack can be used for Spartan-6 devices up to the LX75).

The WebPack license is free - since you are posting to the forums you already have the login required to generate the license - the software installation process will walk you through the process of setting up the license.

NOTE: This is a Spartan-6 board, and therefore must use ISE not Vivado. Spartan-6 is not supported on Vivado.

Avrum

Visitor angelo1994
Visitor

The seller said he never used the license... Does that matter?

0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

The seller said he never used the license... Does that matter?

Visitor angelo1994
Visitor

Its for DMA purposes. Reading target info from a hostpc and use that info for my project.

My programmer has only the knownledge of this particular board... ALtough its not cheap :D 

0 Kudos

Hello @angelo1994,

Are your queries now answered with the support provided in this forum topic thread?

If that is the case, and if you don't have any further questions regarding this matter, please mark a response, that resolved your issue, as Accepted Solution (more info on this can be found here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/solutions#solutions), so that the topic can be completed then.

We appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos