UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer namabo
Observer

CMAC design locked license does not work - no bitstream generation

Jump to solution

I have the same problem reported to this question.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/My-node-locked-license-does-not-work-with-CMAC-example-design/td-p/829101

I'm working on KCU116-Vivado 2018.3, but the two solutions provided doesn't work.

In particular I tried to set XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE pointing to locked license (located in ~/.Xilinx) and core ip license

(located on ~/Vivado_installation/Vivado/Vivado/2018.2/data/ip/core_licenses).

In license Manager I verified that the CMAC was correctly loaded.

Then I followed the second step, reset and generate ip, but in the tlc console the warning:

"WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-650] IP license key 'cmac_an_lt@2017.10' is enabled with a Design_Linking license."

Continue to be shown.

After these steps, in the IP Status, for CMAC IP it reports Design Licence.

How can I get it works with the new locked license?

Than you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer namabo
Observer

Re: CMAC design locked license does not work - no bitstream generation

Jump to solution

I certify that the procedure listed above and suggested does not work on vivado 2018.3.

The woraround I found is :

1) go on installation path where is stored the licence of the IPs:

<your_install_path>/Vivado/2018.3/data/ip/core_licenses

2) Open the Actual license and delete the lines relative to cmac_uplus Design License:

INCREMENT cmac_usplus xilinxd 2018.11 permanent uncounted \
B59CA17AF372 \
VENDOR_STRING=License_Type:Design_Linking;ipman,cmac_usplus,ip,permanent,_0_0_0 \
HOSTID=ANY ISSUER="Xilinx Inc" START=06-Dec-2018 TS_OK

3) Copy the text of license file locked for your machine and paste it on the top of Xilinx core license file:

In this way I see in the Report IP Status window "Purchase" status instead of Design License.

Hope this could be useful for others dev.

Regards.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Observer namabo
Observer

Re: CMAC design locked license does not work - no bitstream generation

Jump to solution

I certify that the procedure listed above and suggested does not work on vivado 2018.3.

The woraround I found is :

1) go on installation path where is stored the licence of the IPs:

<your_install_path>/Vivado/2018.3/data/ip/core_licenses

2) Open the Actual license and delete the lines relative to cmac_uplus Design License:

INCREMENT cmac_usplus xilinxd 2018.11 permanent uncounted \
B59CA17AF372 \
VENDOR_STRING=License_Type:Design_Linking;ipman,cmac_usplus,ip,permanent,_0_0_0 \
HOSTID=ANY ISSUER="Xilinx Inc" START=06-Dec-2018 TS_OK

3) Copy the text of license file locked for your machine and paste it on the top of Xilinx core license file:

In this way I see in the Report IP Status window "Purchase" status instead of Design License.

Hope this could be useful for others dev.

Regards.