UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor negu93
Visitor

Can't download software

Jump to solution

I'm trying to download ISE 14.7 for Linux.

After download it ask me to login. I do and I get to "Download Center - Name and Address verification". I fill all the compulsory fields and after doing next I get back to the login page on a never ending cycle.

How can I solve it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor negu93
Visitor

Re: Can't download software

Jump to solution

I've solved it. the problem was that my clock was not sync and was 1 hour ahead of real time.

7 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi @negu93,

If you are stuck in a login loop, I would recommend these steps.

1. Sign out of all Xilinx sessions
2. Clear your entire browser cache
3. Close out all browsers
4. Re-open and sign back into Xilinx.com

Thank you,
Devin 

0 Kudos
Visitor negu93
Visitor

Jump to solution

I've solved it. the problem was that my clock was not sync and was 1 hour ahead of real time.

Newbie tsotne_gtu

Jump to solution
Dear Devin,

In also have problem with downloading software.
in my case, it tels me about US regulations of verifying address and name. I live in Georgia, Tbilisi, and address specified is correct.

will i get message when it will be verfiied? and is it possible to accelerate the process? by sending some specific documentation?
0 Kudos
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Jump to solution

@tsotne_gtu Unfortunately in your case this is likely to be a "legitimate" failure. The US has strict controls on exporting advanced technology (both FPGAs and the tools to use them), and the former Soviet countries get hit pretty heavily (even though Georgia is more Western-aligned than most countries in the region).

You can wait and see what Xilinx's support staff say, but my guess is that there's no easy fix.

Jump to solution

Hello @tsotne_gtu ,

The info provided by @u4223374 is correct. 

Unfortunately, due to strict internal export control policy, it is no longer possible to maintain an online account in some E or D category countries.

The country that you are trying to obtain Xilinx license/software from has been identified as a D category county.

That is the reason for this error regarding export compliance that you are seeing.

For more info, please go through the link below.

https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/documents/regulation-docs/2255-supplement-no-1-to-part-740-country-groups-1/file

The Answer Record in the error message also explains this situation: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44043.html.

Xilinx must follow an US government policy and unfortunately, there is nothing else that can be done in this situation.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Jump to solution

@anatoli Just curious - could Xilinx provide a list of which category D/E countries are blocked? The "can't maintain an account in some countries" isn't really definitive, so users are left wondering whether their country is actually blocked or whether there's just an issue with the information being automatically checked.

Obviously China (category D) is allowed, because there's a whole Chinese section of the forums. Is that the only exception to the rule?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @u4223374 ,

The entire list is in this link, which i've already provided in the post above. 

https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/documents/regulation-docs/2255-supplement-no-1-to-part-740-country-groups-1/file

Is this what you are looking for? Can  you access this link? It contains the table of all of the E and D category countries.

Hope this helps. 

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos