UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Can't launch manage license in ISE

Highlighted
Visitor

Can't launch manage license in ISE

I am running ISE p.20131013 and am trying to get everything set up so I can program my Spartan 6.  When I open the project manager I get the following pop-up:

Capture.PNG

when I click ok nothing launches though.  Also when I click manage license nothing happens.  How can I go about fixing this?  As a side note I am going to try to get a student license to run the software.

Re: Can't launch manage license in ISE

Hi @tylerelectronics1-,

Well...did you install the license to run the tool?

Do you see the licenses in XLCM?

If you have a .lic file try installing it first through XLCM and restart the tool.

Thanks & Regards,
Prathik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visitor

I can't install the license to run the tool because when I click manage license nothing happens.  Also XLCM NEVER launches which is kind of the problem.  Why isn't it launching?  I don't get an error code or a crash or anything.

[ Edited ]

Hi @tylerelectronics1-

Please go through the below link and check the the resolutions provided by few of the posters, hope it helps you.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/12-1-quot-Manage-License-quot-problem/td-p/77432

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visitor

Hi thankurr,

I started following the forum page you linked me to, but have gotten stuck.  I downloaded Dependency Walker and ran the software on ISE.  I got the following result: Capture.PNG

I don't know how to tell which dependency is a problem and how to fix it.

Thanks,

Tyler

[ Edited ]

Hi @tylerelectronics1-

Can you  try the below two suggestions and see if it helps:

1) Run the below command in command line or cmnd prompt:

cd /opt/Xilinx/12.2/ISE_DS
source ./settings64.sh

2)  Navigate to the installation directory as /Xilinx/14.x/ISE_DS/common/bin/nt64 and run _xlcm.exe .

Add complete license path and then restart and rerun ISE.

Hope it helps you.

Regards

Rohit

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Hi @tylerelectronics1-,

Can you please try openning ISE command prompt and type xlcm -manage this will open license manager then load the license file and check if this helps.

Can you please let us know which OS are you using?

Regards,

Sravanthi B

xlcm.JPG