Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Cannot find 30 day evaluation for ISE

Hello!

I am trying to generate a .bin file for a Virtex-4 xc4vfx20 fpga. To my knowledge, this requires full software licensing becuase of the chip, as well as bitstream generation. As we are not currently set on using this fpga/solution, I figured a 30 day trial would be a good temporary solution before moving to a full license.

In the Xilinx License Configuration Manager ("Acquire a License" tab), there is an option titled "Start 30 Day Evaluation" with the following description:

"Begins a 30-day Evaluation of both Vivado and ISE software tools. You will be taken to the Xilinx website where you can generate a node-locked evaluation license. You will be able to target every Xilinx device and run all Xilinx applications, including bitstream generation, for 30 days. Once your license file is generated, the "Manage Xilinx Licenses" tab will open to enable you to configure your system to use the license."

When I select this option and click next, I am taken to the Product Licensing page, but there is no license that fits that description. There is a license named "Vivado HLS Evaluation License", however, using this license does not give the necessary priveleges to compile verilog code for the xc4vfx20.

Can you please let me know how I can access a 30 day evaluation license that will allow me to compile code and generate a .bin file for this fpga?

All the best,
Luke 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Luke,

If you are not seeing 30-day evaluation license in your account, it indicates that you had already generated it.

To confirm whether you had generated it already, go to licensing site, click on "Manage License" tab and search for 30-day evalution license. If you find it, it indicates that you had already generated it.

Thanks,
Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Check the "Manage Licenses" tab to find the ISE evaluation license which you have generated earlier.

You can download it from here if needed.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

These are the three license files I have generated so far, and they all show up in the Manage License tab:

"Vivado HLS Evaluation License"

"LogiCORE, Virtex-4 Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC Wrapper, No Charge License"

"Vivado Design Suite (includes ISE): Webpack License"

I removed the other two licenses files from the "C:\.Xilinx" directory before loading and testing the Vivado HLS Evaluation License.

Is there any other reason that the 30 day Evaluation wouldn't show up in my account? The only thing I can think of is that I registered as a Academic/Research Industry with a production amount of 1 per year, and that they make less resources available if you're not in a commerical industry.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Please contact our customer service team about this issue.

Here is the link to contact them: http://www.xilinx.com/askx/customer_service_form.htm

Thanks,
Vinay

Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi, I am having the same problem as well, I don't mean to hijack this thread but my problem is the same, no option to select a 30-day evaluation license for ISE. I tried the link posted above and all I got was an automated message that didn't really provide any info.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Contact your nearest Xilinx Distributors from the following link: http://www.xilinx.com/company/contact/auth-disti-table.htm

Or contact your nearset Xilinx Sales: http://www.xilinx.com/company/contact/sales-offices.htm

Thanks,

Vinay

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm having the same problem. Even I don't have any license in "Manage Licenses" tab.

who resolved this issue? please

Xilinx_license_1.png
xilinx_license_2.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

You have 30-day evaluation license for Vivado Design Suite under Activation based Licenses table.

Thanks,
Vinay
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello,

For Vivado 30 days eveluation license refer http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_1/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf
(chapter # 5)

Thanks,
Yash
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I have no Evaluation Licence under the lable "Manage Licenses. I followed the link for the other thread. But there isn't really a solution for the problem. Because i have to use ISE instead of Vivado. Now I try to get a Evaluation-Licence from a distributor ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello,

As ISE is in maintenance mode this is the only way to get evaluation license for ISE.
Only Distributor can help you out.

Thanks,
Yash
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Which distributor did you go through? Are you in the United States?

I tried contacting Avnet, but they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about, even with an extensive description of the problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Can a Xilinx employee direct me to a distributor that knows about this issue, within the United States or elsewhere?

I have contacted two different Distributors, both of which had no knowledge of the process to get an evaluation license to the ISE: System Edition.

I was on the phone with the "Product Manager Semiconductor" of one of the distributors for over an hour, and he extensively tried to help me out. At the end of it all, he understood the situation fully however was not able to help me out.

There seems to be a severe disconnect between the distributors and Xilinx on this topic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Brad Hinegardner

Wright State University

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Hi @fpgasp,

Now there are no ways to generate the evaluation license for ISE. You can still use the webpack license which is free of cost with limited features.

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

If it is true that there are no more 30 day evaluations for ISE could we post that in the Licence suite? 

Thanks

Nick

0 Kudos