cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

Cannot install ISE Win 14.7 on Windows 7 64-bit AGAIN

Jump to solution

No solution. I cannot install to WINDOWS 7. I have tried to install to C:\XILINX, still have this error. It should not be that hard to diagnose. I tried to insall from a simple path C:\INSTALL and from a DVD, no install. What is the cause? Is there an alternative? I am trying to use the Spartan 3AN on the Xilinx development board.

If nothing else, is there a manual way to install this? This seems to be a common problem and yet I cannot find a solution even in the forums.

All else aside, does the new software support the Spartan 3AN and the Digilent Eval Board once sold by Xilinx?

I cannot install ISE 14.7 on my windows 7 machine. I tried installing from the HD and even burned to a DVD and tried to install. I keep gettng the error: 

You have entered one of the following characters in the program group folder name:

\/:*?"<><|

These characters are invalid for folder names. Please re-enter a valid folder name.

I read other forum messages about this, but they don't really give a solution to to this problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Cannot install ISE Win 14.7 on Windows 7 64-bit AGAIN

Jump to solution

Hi @dlovelace

You can create shortcuts by following the below procedure:

1. Open Command Prompt

2. Navigate to ISE installed directory\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\common\bin\nt64

3. Run the shortcutSetup.bat

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

Jump to solution

At what point in the install do you get this message?  Usually "program group folder" refers to the Start Menu folder, which is not the install folder, and would default to something like "Xilinx Design Tools" without any path.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Jump to solution
Are you running the setup in admin mode? What kind of user account are you trying to install from? Did you try to install it for "yourself only" or for "everyone" ? what language is your windows?
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
check this tread
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/Installing-Webpack-14-6-on-Ubuntu-Linux-13-04-64-bits/td-p/343841
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Running in admin mode

Running as admin

I never get to the point to ask to install for only me or everyone, it is at the "Select Destination Directory" that I get stopped.

Window is in English, trying to install just from c:\ISE, can't get any simpler than that.

This is the screen that I halt at, after pressing Next, I get the error.

Untitled-1.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

Jump to solution

In your screen shot I see all the defaults including an install directory of C:/Xilinx

Did you try to install with all of the defaults, and if so do you still get the same error?

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Well, IF you unselect the option "Create Start Menu and Desktop Icons" it will work! Now how do I create the start menu items manually and then I'm good to go. Never thought about trying that option, but ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @dlovelace

You can create shortcuts by following the below procedure:

1. Open Command Prompt

2. Navigate to ISE installed directory\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\common\bin\nt64

3. Run the shortcutSetup.bat

Thanks,

Vinay

Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos