UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie keiranb95

Cannot launch Vivado HLS 2017.2 GUI

Jump to solution

I have tried every way possible I can think of to launch this program but nothing works. I have attached an image of what I get when I try to run the file. This happens when I click on the icon in the programs list and when I try to launch it via the cmd.

The vivado_hls_cmd.bat works just fine and runs, but even after starting that I get the same error when trying to launch the GUI.

I have searched for a solution all over the forums, and other places on the internet.

Tags (3)
Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Newbie keiranb95

Re: Cannot launch Vivado HLS 2017.2 GUI

Jump to solution

I have fixed it! I will post solution here.

It turns out that "wsript.exe" is an executable inside system32 that my PC wasn't able to find.

I went to "Computer -> System Properties -> Advanced System Settings -> Environment Variables..." then I added "C:WINDOWS/system32" to the "PATH" variable in both boxes. One restart later and it works! 

I was surprised the solution was not already online (or I just couldn't find it).

Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Newbie keiranb95

Jump to solution

I posted the wrong image, I have attached it here, there is no option to edit my post.

Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
Newbie keiranb95

Jump to solution

I have fixed it! I will post solution here.

It turns out that "wsript.exe" is an executable inside system32 that my PC wasn't able to find.

I went to "Computer -> System Properties -> Advanced System Settings -> Environment Variables..." then I added "C:WINDOWS/system32" to the "PATH" variable in both boxes. One restart later and it works! 

I was surprised the solution was not already online (or I just couldn't find it).

Capture.PNG
0 Kudos