Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Cannot scan any license after loading into $HOME/.Xilinx

Jump to solution

I have successfully load my license into $HOME/.Xilinx, but cannot see any license in my local machine, through License Manager. As pictures show below.

Screenshot from 2019-09-27 13-55-19.pngScreenshot from 2019-09-27 13-54-56.png

Since there is no license, I cannot run code on Vivado since there is always error message shows "no valid license".

Anyone knows what's the problem ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @themoonboy 

Would you run the following command to check permission again ? Because you had a typo.

$ ls -lA $HOME/.Xilinx

=> "l" of ls command's option is not "I". It's small "L".

> Also, after runnig echo $LM_LICENSE_FILE, I get nothing. Also the $LM_LICENSE_FILE cannot be set in LVM under Linux, is this the ultimate reason of license loading problem?

That's right. You need to define LM_LICENSE_FILE like below.

ex)

export LM_LICENSE_FILE=/opt/license/nodelock/Xilinx.lic

Best regards,

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Does $HOME variable point to /root directory in the machine?

From the terminal, please try to set environment variable XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE to point to the Xilinx.lic and re-launch license manager for a check.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi,

I install Vivado under sudo mode, then the default $HOME variable is /root/, and now could successfully load license into /root/.Xilinx/.  However, when running code, there still shows an error said invalid license.

I activate a divice-locked license by the UltraScale+ VCU 128 Evaluation Kit, and it should could be used in all kinds of platforms in Vivado, is there any problem about my account or license?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @themoonboy 

Because user (Vivado was installed by root and Vivado was run by you) are different and I guess it has permission issue, too.

So, I suggest reinstalling Vivado by normal user or change the permission from root to normal user in your license directory.

Best regards,

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Thanks,

Now I reinstall the Vivado (I am using HLx edition) by user mode, without sudo command in installation, and now the $HOME/.Xilinx/ is ~/Deskop/.Xilinx/, not root. However, when using VLM to load license, there is always permission issues said unable to load into $HOME/.Xilinx/ without any explanation, that is very strange.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @themoonboy 

Would you run the following commands ?

$ ls -lA $HOME/.Xilinx/

$ echo $LM_LICENSE_FILE

Best regards,

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Yes, and here is the what I get:

The current license file in $HOME/.Xilinx (which is under /home folder, not root) is not loaded by LVM, but by myself (using sudo mv /source/path/lincese /destination/path/), but seems like this is not a solution.

Also, after runnig echo $LM_LICENSE_FILE, I get nothing. Also the $LM_LICENSE_FILE cannot be set in LVM under Linux, is this the ultimate reason of license loading problem?

Screenshot from 2019-09-30 15-07-00.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @themoonboy 

Would you run the following command to check permission again ? Because you had a typo.

$ ls -lA $HOME/.Xilinx

=> "l" of ls command's option is not "I". It's small "L".

> Also, after runnig echo $LM_LICENSE_FILE, I get nothing. Also the $LM_LICENSE_FILE cannot be set in LVM under Linux, is this the ultimate reason of license loading problem?

That's right. You need to define LM_LICENSE_FILE like below.

ex)

export LM_LICENSE_FILE=/opt/license/nodelock/Xilinx.lic

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Thank you very much, solution accepted!

0 Kudos