UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Dead in the water after spending $5000

Jump to solution

Is there are way to get in contact with someone at Xilinx within license that knows something?  I went to active a new license on a machine that had an older license for Vivado.  The activation failed and now I am dead in the water. 

I have searched the forums and tried all the suggestions.  I even posted a seperate thread that led to nowhere.  I have a deadline coming up and now don't have a working license.  In the process of trying the suggestions on the forum, I lost functionality of the older license as well.   This is very frustrating given I spent almost $5000 on a license and have a piece of software that is useless right now.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Dead in the water after spending $5000

Jump to solution

The solution:

Xilinx needs to post and Answer Record or update their user guide.  Never clone a hard drive with an existing trusted storage on it.   You must return the license to Xilinx, clone the hard drive, create a new trusted storage, and then reactivate the existing licenses.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @bfrazier_arete

File a service request with the details at http://www.xilinx.com/support/service-portal.html

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
I can't because I don't spend the requisite $1 million dollars with Xilinx.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
As you can see it is so frustrating I can even get my English correct.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
Can't
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Can you please post the steps you followed and your license manager screenshots?
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Steps....

1. Open up Vivado License Manager GUI

2. Went to "Obtain License"

3. Selected "Get My Purchased License(s)" and Pressed "Connect Now" button

4. Web browser opened up

5. Entered my Xilinx user info

6. When licensing website login occured, selected Vivado Node locked license under activation based licenses

7. Vivado License Manager GUI retrieved License

8. Dialog popped up with message "Unable to load License Rights into Trusted Storage.  The response is not valid for this machine"

I then tried to download the license file again and manually process via command line.  Below is the screen capture of that event:

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you attach your Xilinx.xml license file and request.xml file that you generated using the command line?

Also, did you disable your antivirus while installing?

Thanks.

Thanks,
Nupur
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
I have resolved this issue....please remove this thread as it was inappropriately titled in frustration.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @bfrazier_arete

Glad to heart that. Please post the steps that solved your issue in the interest of other users.

Also mark the solution.

Thanks,Vijay
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

The solution:

Xilinx needs to post and Answer Record or update their user guide.  Never clone a hard drive with an existing trusted storage on it.   You must return the license to Xilinx, clone the hard drive, create a new trusted storage, and then reactivate the existing licenses.

0 Kudos