UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor fsexton
Visitor

Deploying ISE with SCCM - supressing prompts

Currently trying to deploy ISE 14.7 during a SCCM Task Sequence - using the following in a .bat which launches successfully:

%loc%bin\xsetup.bat" --agree 3rdPartyEULA,WebTalkTerms,XilinxEULA --batch Install  -c "%loc%bin\install_config.txt" --location "C:\Xilinx

However a prompt appears during the installation which I would like to suppress:

xilinix.png

How can I stop this from appearing and resume the installation?

0 Kudos
15 Replies

Re: Deploying ISE with SCCM - supressing prompts

Hello @fsexton ,

Can you please confirm if you are exactly following the steps as provided in this Answer Record:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/32330.html

Looks like 'Install Cable Drivers' is what causing this pop up to appear, as this is the only part that requires admin privileges. 

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor fsexton
Visitor

Hi Anatoli - it looks like those instructions are not applicable to my application as I do not have <INSTALLER_LOCATION>/bin/[PLATFORM] 

The application I am trying to silently install is: Xilinx Design Tools Spartan-6 ISE 14.7

In /bin/ I have generated a config file using xsetup.bat as mentioned above

0 Kudos

Hello @fsexton ,

If this is in relation to ISE 14.7 Spartan6 VM installation on Windows 10, then 'the Batch Mode Installation Flow'  instructions for this special build, are given in this User Guide:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/ug1227-spartan6-vm-windows10.pdf

See Page 15 onwards.

As you can see, you'd need open a command prompt as administrator and change the working directory to
the bin directory of the unzipped installer.

Then you'd need to rub xsetup.bat -b ConfigGen to generate the default configuration file, that you can then edit and modify to meet your installation requirements. The default configuration file is what you need to edit as it is where you would actually need to specify the installation location and the path of the Shared Folder and any other installation option you wish to customize.

If needed, please also see Oracle VirtualBox documentation (https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch04.html#sharedfolders), in relation to  Shared folders  details etc.

image.png

Therefore, can you please follow the steps outlined in UG 1227 (https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/ug1227-spartan6-vm-windows10.pdf) and let me know if you still need any further assistance.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Visitor fsexton
Visitor

Hi Anatoli,

These are the instructions I followed and generated the following config file but I still recieve prompts for drivers:

#### Spartan-6 ISE 14.7 Install Configuration ####
Edition=Spartan-6 ISE 14.7

# Path where Xilinx software will be installed.
Destination=C:\Xilinx

# Choose the Products/Devices the you would like to install.
Modules=

# Choose the post install scripts you'd like to run as part of the finalization step. Please note that some of these scripts may require user interaction during runtime.
InstallOptions=

## Shortcuts and File associations ##
# Choose whether Start menu/Application menu shortcuts will be created or not.
CreateProgramGroupShortcuts=1

# Choose the name of the Start menu/Application menu shortcut. This setting will be ignored if you choose NOT to create shortcuts.
ProgramGroupFolder=Xilinx ISE 

# Choose whether shortcuts will be created for All users or just the Current user. Shortcuts can be created for all users only if you run the installer as administrator.
CreateShortcutsForAllUsers=1

# Choose whether shortcuts will be created on the desktop or not.
CreateDesktopShortcuts=1

# Choose whether file associations will be created or not.
CreateFileAssociation=1

# Specify a directory that will allow you to share files with the Virtual Machine (e.g. C:\Users\myname\FOLDERNAME). This folder will be accessible on the VM under /home/ise/FOLDERNAME
SharedFolder=

0 Kudos

Hello @fsexton ,

I can see your post install script is currently empty:

# Choose the post install scripts you'd like to run as part of the finalization step. Please note that some of these scripts may require user interaction during runtime.
InstallOptions=

In the configuration file, for the post install script you may set this to the following...

InstallOptions==Configure WebTalk:1,Generating installed device list:1,Install VC++ runtime libraries for
64-bit OS:1,Install Cable Drivers:0,Acquire or Manage a License Key:0

As you can see, Install Cable Drivers: is one of these options. You can set this to 0 or 1, where a value of 0 means the option is unselected.

As indicated in the comment note above, i.e. "Please note that some of these scripts may require user interaction during runtime.", if you set this to 1, this may trigger a gui to pop up for the user interaction. However, if you run your cmd as full admin, this may allow you to bypass a need for the user's interaction?

In any case, please try setting this up with 'Install Cable Drivers:0' and once the file is saved, run the below command:

xsetup.bat -- agree XilinxEULA,3rdPartyEULA --batch Install --config install_config.txt

And see the behaviour then.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Visitor fsexton
Visitor

Hi @anatoli 

Very much appreciate your help with this. Have now included

Install Cable Drivers:0

but when I run the script I see the following:

The value specified in the configuration file for InstallOptions (Install Cable Drivers) is missing or invalid.
0 Kudos

Hi again @fsexton ,

Can you please share your full install_config.txt file for examination? Thanks

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Visitor fsexton
Visitor

Modules=

InstallOptions=Install Cable Drivers:0

CreateProgramGroupShortcuts=0

# Choose the name of the Start menu/Application menu shortcut. This setting will be ignored if you choose NOT to create shortcuts.

# Choose whether shortcuts will be created for All users or just the Current user. Shortcuts can be created for all users only if you run the installer as administrator.

CreateDesktopShortcuts=1

CreateFileAssociation=1

# Specify a directory that will allow you to share files with the Virtual Machine (e.g. C:\Users\myname\FOLDERNAME). This folder will be accessible on the VM under /home/ise/FOLDERNAME
SharedFolder=

Thank you

0 Kudos

Hi @fsexton ,

Back with ISE, if i remember correctly, it required to have this command to be specified as followed:

InstallOptions=Install Cable Drivers::0

As you can see, '::' instead of ':'

With Vivado batch install, this was changed to a single colons instead of double colons with ISE.

Please try setting this up with '::' instead of ':' , as shown above and let me know if this helps?

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Visitor fsexton
Visitor

Unfortunately I am getting the same results:

PS C:\Users\Desktop\ISE_S6_Win10_14.7_ISE_VMs_0206_1\bin> .\xsetup.bat --agree XilinxEULA,3rdPartyEULA,WebTalkTerms --batch Install --config install_config.txt
Copyright (c) 1986-2019 Xilinx, Inc.  All rights reserved.
INFO : Log file location - C:\Users\fsexton\.Xilinx\xinstall\xinstall_1573575730941.log
INFO : Edition Selected to be installed: Spartan-6 ISE 14.7
WARN : The value specified in the configuration file for InstallOptions (Install Cable Drivers:) is missing or invalid.

With this config:

Modules=

InstallOptions=Install Cable Drivers::0

CreateProgramGroupShortcuts=0

CreateDesktopShortcuts=1

CreateFileAssociation=1

SharedFolder=

0 Kudos

@fsexton ,

And if you set this to 1 instead of 0, what output do you see then? Can you please give this a try and let me know what result you'd get when this is set to 1? Thanks

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Visitor fsexton
Visitor

Same output:

WARN : The value specified in the configuration file for InstallOptions (Install Cable Drivers:) is missing or invalid.

0 Kudos

@fsexton ,

To me it looks like it is not picking the right install_config.txt file.

Can you actually point with the full path where your install_config.txt file is? 

i.e. instead of running this command:

.\xsetup.bat --agree XilinxEULA,3rdPartyEULA,WebTalkTerms --batch Install --config install_config.txt

Change this to:

.\xsetup.bat --agree XilinxEULA,3rdPartyEULA,WebTalkTerms --batch Install --config C:\path_to_install_config_file\install_config.txt

Perhaps it somehow picks some other install_config.txt instead of the one in question?

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Visitor fsexton
Visitor

Can confirm it is picking up the config file as the values are present in the log:

0 Kudos

Hello @fsexton ,

Thanks for your log file.

Now i see where this issue is coming from. This is not related to the cable drivers. Please remove this from your install_config.txt file altogether, as it not needed here.

Based on the log file, you can see this logged: VirtualBox installation not detected on this machine.

image.png

From the User Guide 1227 you can read that ISE Spartan-6 Virtual Machine for Windows 10 executes on a virtualized environment. The ISE tools execute on an Oracle Linux Virtual Machine.

Therefore, since Oracle Virtual box is not installed prior to trying this installation, that is the reason for this pop up you are getting.

The same "Oracle corporation universal serial bus" message posted on Google a lot and this message is actually a pop up when Oracle VM VirtualBox setup is trying to be installed. That requires user's interaction during runtime.

Therefore, please make sure you have Oracle Virtual box installed prior doing the installation and once done, this will stop this from appearing and the installation will be done silently.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos