cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Design Linking does not allow configuration and/or example design generation

I would like to be able to examine the example design for IP cores that require license to generate. I see that some have design linking included, but when I generate the IP it does not let me configure or generate an example design.

I was specifically trying to generate the DisplayPort example design. I added this IP to a block design but if I customize the core when it exits the dialog it fails to save the settings. I also tried to generate the example design and it also failed in a similar manner. I was hoping to examine the example design before my IT department is able to add an Evaluation license to the floating license.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Design Linking does not allow configuration and/or example design generation

What error did you encounter? Design linking license shouldn't prevent the generation of IP Example Design.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

回复: Design Linking does not allow configuration and/or example design generation

The IT department have added the Hardware Evaluation license. It no longer reports failures. It previously indicated in the IP configuration GUI that is located a design linking license, but when I configured the IP it failed on GUI exit indicating something was locked. I also tried right clicking on the IP core inside IPI and selected "Generate example design" it failed in a similar way.

I have disconnected from the server and added the IP to IPI again. It provides the errors below, but if I open the GUI (snapshot attached) is states "Design linking license available".

startgroup
create_bd_cell -type ip -vlnv xilinx.com:ip:dp_tx_subsystem:2.1 dp_tx_subsystem_1
WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-2162] IP 'displayport_v7_0_11_rs_decoder_v9_0_16_viv' is locked:
* IP 'displayport_v7_0_11_rs_decoder_v9_0_16_viv' requires one or more mandatory licenses but no valid licenses were found. However license checkpoints may prevent use of this IP in some tool flows.
ERROR: [Common 17-107] Cannot change read-only property 'CONFIG.aclken'.
Resolution: Please refer to Vivado Properties Reference Guide (UG912) for more information on setting properties.
CRITICAL WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-1747] Failed to deliver file 'c:/Xilinx/Vivado/2019.1/data/ip/xilinx/displayport_v7_0/ttcl/rs_decoder_elaborate.xit': ERROR: [Common 17-107] Cannot change read-only property 'CONFIG.aclken'.
Resolution: Please refer to Vivado Properties Reference Guide (UG912) for more information on setting properties.

ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-167] Failed to deliver one or more file(s).
ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-3541] IP Elaboration error: Failed to generate IP 'dp_tx_subsystem_1/inst/dp'. Failed to generate 'Elaborate Sub-Cores' outputs:
ERROR: [BD 41-145] Parameter lnk_clk.CLK_DOMAIN not found on block dp
ERROR: [BD 41-145] Parameter common_qpll_clk_out.CLK_DOMAIN not found on block dp
ERROR: [BD 41-145] Parameter common_qpll_ref_clk_out.CLK_DOMAIN not found on block dp
ERROR: [BD 41-145] Parameter lnk_clk_ibufds_out.CLK_DOMAIN not found on block dp
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'create_bd_cell' failed due to earlier errors.
CRITICAL WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-1747] Failed to deliver file 'c:/Xilinx/Vivado/2019.1/data/ip/xilinx/dp_tx_subsystem_v2_1/elaborate/bd.xit': ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'create_bd_cell' failed due to earlier errors.

ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-167] Failed to deliver one or more file(s).
ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-3541] IP Elaboration error: Failed to generate IP 'dp_tx_subsystem_1'. Failed to generate 'Elaborate BD' outputs: Failed to elaborate IP.
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'create_bd_cell' failed due to earlier errors.
endgroup

image.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @bdering ,

This error due to the fact that the tool can't detect your rs_decoder license file.

Can you please open your Vivado and do report_ip_status and then see if a valid license is listed for this  IP core in the list?

You should see Purchased or Hardware_Eval and not e.g. Design Entry (see my example screenshot below for one of the Video IP Core). Please send me a similar screenshot that you see at your end.

image.png

If you see Purchased or Hardware_Eval and no Design Linking, then right click on the IP Core and selected “reset output products” and then “Regenerate output products” and then re-run synth, Implementation and generate bitstream. Then see if this time your bitstream still fails with the same error message or not.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos