UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Do I need an AMBA license to design IP cores that interact with Xilinx IP cores?

According to the AMBA / AXI specification I need a AMBA license to design IP cores with AXI interfaces. Is that right? If so, how can I use Xilinx IP cores with AXI interfaces? How can I get such a license and how much does it cost?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Do I need an AMBA license to design IP cores that interact with Xilinx IP cores?

Hi @paebbels

Get in touch with your nearest sales/distributir office for pricing and other information that you are looking for.

http://www.xilinx.com/about/contact.html

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Do I need an AMBA license to design IP cores that interact with Xilinx IP cores?

Hi

You dont need a special license for AMBA IP cores. Most of the Xilinx cores are AXI-4 complaint. 

If a core is licensed, then you would need a license for that specific IP. But you dodnt need anything specific AXI compliance.

For Example: MIG Xilinx IP  is a free core an this can be implemented with AXI-4 interface.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sikta

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @paebbels

Did that helped? If yes, close the thread by marking the solution in the interest of other users.

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos