cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Do I need an AMBA license to design IP cores that interact with Xilinx IP cores?

According to the AMBA / AXI specification I need a AMBA license to design IP cores with AXI interfaces. Is that right? If so, how can I use Xilinx IP cores with AXI interfaces? How can I get such a license and how much does it cost?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Do I need an AMBA license to design IP cores that interact with Xilinx IP cores?

Hi @paebbels

Get in touch with your nearest sales/distributir office for pricing and other information that you are looking for.

http://www.xilinx.com/about/contact.html

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Do I need an AMBA license to design IP cores that interact with Xilinx IP cores?

Hi

You dont need a special license for AMBA IP cores. Most of the Xilinx cores are AXI-4 complaint. 

If a core is licensed, then you would need a license for that specific IP. But you dodnt need anything specific AXI compliance.

For Example: MIG Xilinx IP  is a free core an this can be implemented with AXI-4 interface.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sikta

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @paebbels

Did that helped? If yes, close the thread by marking the solution in the interest of other users.

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos