cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sprl111
Explorer
Explorer

Dongle_drivers_package.zip FLEXID install forced a Windows 10 OS reinstall

Yesterday after installing the latest version of Vivado on a new Windows 10 Machine I installed the FLEXID dongle drivers from the Dongle_drivers_package following the instructions exactly.  After that I could not successfully boot Windows.  All I got was a blue screen identifing iaStorE.sys as the crash culprit.  Of course things were working fine until the dongle driver install so I doubt that it is a Windows OS component that is really at fault here.  I noticed that the folders of this driver package are labeled "Windows _v7_".  So after the better part of a day reinstalling Windows 10 I really want to use drivers designed for Windows 10 and I DON'T want to hack my OS to accommodate what looks like just another lame Xilinx solution.  Does anyone know of anything else out there actually targeted to Windows 10 that would work with Vivado?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @sprl111 

I suspect your issue has been resolved in the below forum post, however, I would request you to close both of these threads by accepting it as a solution.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/quot-This-app-can-t-run-on-this-device-quot-dialog-when-trying/td-p/1271718

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos