UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Downloaded SDSoC, got SDx

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Downloaded SDSoC, got SDx

Hi,

I downloaded SDSoC with the executable Xilinx_SDSoC_2017.1_sdx_0623_1_Win64, installed it, but when I open the program installed, it's SDx and not SDSoC. I'm worried because I tried it also with the version 2016.4 and it did the same thing. SDx doesn't have the capacity to do SDSoC estimation, so I would prefer using SDSoC.
When I launch the exe file I get the window "SDx IDE 2017.1 Installer", why isn't it the SDSoC Installer ? When I have to chose the Development Environments I chose SDSoC Platforms.

Anyone got the same problem and could help me figure out what to do ? 

Accepted Solutions
Visitor

Re: Downloaded SDSoC, got SDx

All Replies
Xilinx Employee

Sometime around 2016.3 (I can't recall the exact release), the SDSoC and SDAccel tools were merged into a single one called SDx. SDx install has the capability to run both tools and the one that is chosen is based on the platform you chose when you create a project.

www.xilinx.com
Visitor

Thank you for the answer !

Though, why don't I have the third possibility "Estimation" when choosing Build Configurations -> Set Active ? I only have Release and Debug, even though I have the latest version of SDx and I chose SDSoC during the installation (I have a  microzed board).

Visitor

I actually found an answer in some other community post. Here it is if someone needs its :

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/SDSoC-Development-Environment/SDSoC-2016-2-no-SDEstimate-option-exists-for-build-configuration/td-p/711207