UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor icolwill2
Visitor

Downloads from xilinx.entitlenow.com fail

I am trying to download the ISE design suite DVD from the xilinx entitlement center download page. I have tried using several browsers and even completely different internet connections with no success.

First I tried using the web install function: Failed during installion reporting archives could not be located?

Single file download in google chrome: Downloads partial file only (between 50Mb and 300Mb out of 6.3Gb)

SIngle file download using firefox 3.1 and 3.5: Download manager status = Error. Pop-up = This URL cannot be handled by this download manager

Single file download using IE8: Download manager reports status = Error

Has anyone managed to download the ISE design suite? I have work to do and can't wait three weeks for a DVD. Any help would be appreciated. Got to love this fantastic new download, FTP worked fine for years.....

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Visitor carl_76
Visitor

Re: Downloads from xilinx.entitlenow.com fail

I am having exactly the same problem today.  I'm trying the single file download of webpack.l  I've tried two different OS's (Ubuntu 9.04 and win2000) on two different computers.  2 firefox browsers and IE6.  Same error messages as previous post.
0 Kudos
Visitor icolwill2
Visitor

Glad it's not just me! are we supposed to open a webcase?
0 Kudos
Newbie jbilly

Same problem !

Ubuntu/ Firefox

0 Kudos
Visitor icolwill2
Visitor

Can't open a webcase either = Firefox can't find the file at http://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xil_admin_responsedenied.jsp?sGroup=websupport = when I try to login. 

I hope the software has less issues...... if it exists..... 

0 Kudos
Newbie zapro

Same problem here, tried on 4 different PC's, 2 Mac's - both Safari/Firefox/IE, no luck. this is just sad...

The download manager is pretty broken...

0 Kudos
Visitor icolwill2
Visitor

Can someone open a webcase? The login just fails for me. (I bet it is a lot easier to download an illegal copy!!)
0 Kudos
Visitor carl_76
Visitor

Hi.

I opened webcase 796581 for this issue.  Please let me know if it needs updates, or update it if the system gives you permission to do that.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Sorry for the inconvenience, during routine updates, there was a problem bringing back the server.  The issue has since been fixed.
0 Kudos
Newbie athinaki

same problem today. what should i do?

0 Kudos
Newbie jae686

Same here.

0 Kudos
Visitor icolwill2
Visitor

open a webcase, they'll give the server a kick....

0 Kudos
Observer sirt
Observer

I have the same problem here, today (6th December 2010) ..... how often is this server-web update done???And how often can it fail??

0 Kudos
Newbie marshad1

Dec 14 I have the same problem.  Is this a recurring theme? Can some one tell me if this should work.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

All,

Most the problems that you are seeing is specific to your environment.  This is often an issue with some corporate firewalls blocking the header information of the download which is used by the download manager.  When you see this problem, please contact Xilinx Technical Support and we can help you debug the issue and figure out if a change can be made or find you an alternative to get the software.

We have not seen any failures due to system updates since  the incident on 8/25/2010.

Mike Nguyen

0 Kudos
Visitor dongjian
Visitor

Hi,

i met same issue today when install SDK, says it is a bad request.  i tried open that link with IE and it prompted me for file download. but got error message while accessing over both normal Internet and Honeywell internet too using Chrome. So it is not a firewall issue. how could i fix this?

0 Kudos