Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Driver installation failed and licensing issue on Ubuntu

Hello,
I am new in FPGA world. I have recently purchased 1 Xilinx Virtex-6 FPGA (ML605). As per instruction attached to the board, the board is locked with Xilinx ISE 13.4. I have tried to install this particular version of ISE on my Linux Machine (Ubuntu 14.04 LTE) but invoked with following 2 problems:

1. Failed to install the driver, came with following error message:

Surprisingly, I did not find any log file under the.xinstall directory. I have also tried with this link but failed with following error while applied "sudo make lib32"

parport.c:21:23: warning: variable ‘last_pp_write’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
  static unsigned char last_pp_write = 0;
                       ^
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lusb
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [libusb-driver.so] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/Xilinx/usb-driver'
make: *** [lib32] Error 2

2. I was not able to generate 30-day Evaluation license file either. According to the Xilinx License configuration manager, it should be redirected to the Xilinx website but that did not happen in my case. I tried to generate license by logging in www.xilinx.com\getlicenses but I am not seeing any option like "ISE Design Suite: 30-Day Evaluation, Node-Locked License" in my license table. What should I do now? Here is my local system information:

One additional query:
I got the board with a License key, If I install this on my current Linux machine, will I be able to install this key again if I switch to Windows OS on the same machine? Is it possible to use this key on multiple machines? 

Sincerely Yours,
Sabquat
0 Kudos