Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leytronix
Visitor
Visitor

EDK license problem

Hello,

Today I have bought a Xilinx EDK license. I downloaded and installed the xilinx.lic file on my computer. However, when I export my project to SDK in XPS I get the error below.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

TJ

INFO:Security:54 - 'xc6slx45' is a WebPack part.
INFO:Security:61 - The XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE environment variable is not set.
INFO:Security:63 - The LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable is not set.
INFO:Security:68 - For more information or for assistance in obtaining
 a license, please run the Xilinx License Configuration Manager
       (xlcm or "Manage Xilinx Licenses".)
INFO:Security:68a - user is Tjerk, on host TJERK-PC.
ERROR:Security:9c - No 'ISE' nor 'WebPack' feature version 2013.10 was available
for part 'xc6slx45'.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
No such feature exists.
Feature:       WebPack
License path:
C:/.Xilinx\Xilinx.lic;F:\Programmas\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE\/coregen/core_license
s\Xilinx.lic;F:\Programmas\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE\/coregen/core_licenses\XilinxF
ree.lic;F:\Programmas\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\EDK/data/core_licenses\Xilinx.lic;

0 Kudos
8 Replies
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Did you copy the license to C:/.Xilinx location?

Can you attach your xinfo file?

In order to generate xinfo, please follow the steps below:

1. Run Xinfo.exe from start menu start --> Xilinx ISE design suite --> Accessories --> xinfo system checker. It takes some time to generate Xinfo file.
  2. Check the common folder in Xilinx --> 14.7 --> ISE_DS --> common folder for Xinfo file.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
leytronix
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

Yes, I have copied the license file to C:/.Xilinx.

Please find the attached xinfo file.

I only get this error when using the newly bought EDK license. When I install the free webpack license there are no errors.

Thanks,

TJ

0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

I dont see the EDK license picked by the tool. Try below

1. In XLCM, click on clear cache and reopen ISE. See if that works.

2. Place the license file at a different location and use XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE in XLCM to point to the license file.

Go to start--> Xilinx Design tools --> ISE Design suite --> Accesories --> Manage Licenses to open XLCM.

If the above doesnot work attach the license file here.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
leytronix
Visitor
Visitor

Hello,

Have tried your suggestions but without success.... The EDK license is installed correctly (see attached license manager screenshot).

I also have attached the license file.

Kind regards,

TJ

License manager.jpg
0 Kudos
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

From the XLCM snapshot, I can say that the license file was installed properly.

From the license file, I can say that it is a EDK license which do not include ISE licenses.

From the error message, I can say that the tool is looking for ISE or WebPACK license.

Are you encountering the same license error when opening XPS tool?

Thanks
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
leytronix
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

During startup of XPS I see a message 'Checking license' and then it continues to start XPS without any error message. So, this looks ok.

Thanks,

TJ

0 Kudos
leytronix
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

Why is the tool looking for an ISE license? I am not using ISE, only XPS which is part of the EDK!

Thanks,

TJ

0 Kudos
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

What are the steps you are following?

Aren't you opening ISE project Navigator?

Thanks

Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos