Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

EF-VIVADO-SYSTEM-FL - Use in another country

Jump to solution

Hello,
I'm going to use the EF-VIVADO-SYSTEM-FL.
Is it possible to use it from another country if I buy 2 license seats ?
I'm based in Italy but one of colleagues is in Dubai and needs to work with the same license.

thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Andrea

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hello @andreac_avnet ,

Yes, that is correct. 

If you buy 2 floating licenses, you can generate one FL license for your office in Italy and then generate a separate lic (i.e. the 2nd seat of the 2 FL licenses you have) for your other location/server in Dubai.

Alternatively, you can generate both of these 2 FL licenses for one floating license server/machine and set it up in your location in Italy.
If your colleague in Dubai has access to that same server/machine where you've installed these floating licenses, then all your colleague needs to do is to open Vivado license manager and set his XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE environment variable to point to that floating license server. He/she can then use a seat of these floating licenses that way too.

e.g.:

image.png

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted

Hello @andreac_avnet ,

Yes, that is correct. 

If you buy 2 floating licenses, you can generate one FL license for your office in Italy and then generate a separate lic (i.e. the 2nd seat of the 2 FL licenses you have) for your other location/server in Dubai.

Alternatively, you can generate both of these 2 FL licenses for one floating license server/machine and set it up in your location in Italy.
If your colleague in Dubai has access to that same server/machine where you've installed these floating licenses, then all your colleague needs to do is to open Vivado license manager and set his XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE environment variable to point to that floating license server. He/she can then use a seat of these floating licenses that way too.

e.g.:

image.png

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post