UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor jao_indio
Visitor

ERROR Map:258 - A problem was encountered attempting to get the license for this architecture

Jump to solution

I'm tring to program at my FPGA but this error appears.After researching a lot I did everything that I found at forum community but I still don't solve my problem.

I'm using ISE 14.7 on Windows 10, trying to program at a Spartan 3A xc3s700A. I already set XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE at Xilinx.lic direcory and I have a Vivado WebPACK license.

Ufortunally I can't make NO_XILINX_DATA_LICENSE desapear. In spite of set XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE correctly and delete NO_XILINX_DATA_LICENSE, the last variable always come back and its value is HIDDEN.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: ERROR Map:258 - A problem was encountered attempting to get the license for this architecture

Jump to solution

The Windows 10 version of ISE is only for the Spartan 6.  You either need a Windows 7 VM or a linux system.

1 Reply

Re: ERROR Map:258 - A problem was encountered attempting to get the license for this architecture

Jump to solution

The Windows 10 version of ISE is only for the Spartan 6.  You either need a Windows 7 VM or a linux system.