UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Fail to generate bitstream with Harware evaluation licence

Accepted Solution Solved
Explorer
Accepted Solution

Fail to generate bitstream with Harware evaluation licence

Hi,

I want to try the chroma resampler IP.

So i get a hardware evaluation licence to test it on my board.

But, during bitstream generation i get that : 

[Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains one or more cells for which bitstream generation is not permitted:
sdi_yuv_to_video_rgb_0/resampler/U0 (v_cresample_0__v_cresample)
If a new IP Core license was added, in order for the new license to be picked up, the current netlist needs to be updated by resetting and re-generating the IP output products before bitstream generation.

I tried to reset/generate output products, but no effect.

I attach screenshots of the IP interface, and report IP status.

If someone could helps me...

Thanks

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Accepted Solutions

Re: Fail to generate bitstream with Harware evaluation licence

@pgrangeray

I suspect the vivado must be using the existing cache of IP. Try clearing the IP cache under Settings-->IP. Now reset and regenerate the IP output products. 

Capture.JPG

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

All Replies

@pgrangeray

Use the information to get the License info from the generated IP from the following Answer record and see if your generated IP is actually picking HW Eval license. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44033.html

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Explorer

@syedz

So, i get : 

Proj_IP = v_cresample_0 license key = v_cresample@2013.03

[ Edited ]

@pgrangeray

This doesn't give much info. Can you run the below TCL command and share the information under USED_LICENSE_KEYS?

report_property -all [get_ips v_cresample*]

If it has "design_linking" then it means that tool did not pick the HW Eval license for this IP during generation. 

If reset output products followed by generate outputs is still giving the same behaviour then I suspect the issue must be with your license file (either it got expired or you have used incorrect HostID when generating license file)

Can you share the HW Eval license file (.lic) and xinfo.txt file?  Run the following command from Vivado TCL console to generate xinfo.txt.

report_environment -file xinfo.txt

After running the command just type “pwd” this will show you the path where the xinfo.txt file is generated. You can browse to that path and find the file.    

--Syed

Explorer

@syedz

Output of the command : 

report_property -all [get_ips v_cresample*]
WARNING: [Vivado 12-3670] The generate_synth_checkpoint property should only be queried on the file object representing this IP. Use the get_files command to access file objects.
WARNING: [Vivado 12-3672] The is_managed property should only be queried on the file object representing this IP. Use the get_files command to access file objects.
Property Type Read-only Value
ALLOWED_SIM_TYPES string* true rtl
BOARD string true
CLASS string true ip
CONFIG.ACLK_INTF.FREQ_HZ string false 148500000
CONFIG.Component_Name string false v_cresample_0
CONFIG.S_AXI_ACLK_INTF.FREQ_HZ string false 100000000
CONFIG.active_cols string false 1920
CONFIG.active_rows string false 1080
CONFIG.chroma_parity string false odd
CONFIG.convert_type string false 1
CONFIG.field_parity string false odd
CONFIG.has_axi4_lite string false false
CONFIG.has_debug string false false
CONFIG.has_intc_if string false false
CONFIG.interlaced string false false
CONFIG.m_axis_video_format string false 3
CONFIG.max_cols string false 1920
CONFIG.num_h_taps string false 2
CONFIG.num_v_taps string false 0
CONFIG.s_axis_video_data_width string false 8
CONFIG.s_axis_video_format string false 2
CORE_REVISION int true 13
DELIVERED_TARGETS string* true cmodel testbench changelog simulation synthesis instantiation_template
DESIGN_TOOL_CONTEXTS string* true HDL IPI Sysgen
IPDEF string true xilinx.com:ip:v_cresample:4.0
IP_CORE_CONTAINER string true c:/Projet_Vivado/project_Optsys_NB_50fps_multilayer/project_Optsys_NB_50fps_multilayer.srcs/sources_1/ip/v_cresample_0.xcix
IP_DIR string true c:/Projet_Vivado/project_Optsys_NB_50fps_multilayer/project_Optsys_NB_50fps_multilayer.srcs/sources_1/ip/v_cresample_0
IP_FILE string true c:/Projet_Vivado/project_Optsys_NB_50fps_multilayer/project_Optsys_NB_50fps_multilayer.srcs/sources_1/ip/v_cresample_0/v_cresample_0.xci
IS_LOCKED bool true 0
KNOWN_TARGETS string* true cmodel testbench changelog simulation synthesis instantiation_template
NAME string true v_cresample_0
PART string true xc7a50tfgg484-2
REQUIRES_VIP bool true
SCOPE string true
SELECTED_SIM_MODEL string false rtl
STALE_TARGETS string* true
SUPPORTED_TARGETS string* true cmodel testbench changelog simulation synthesis instantiation_template
SUPPORTS_MODREF bool true 1
SW_VERSION string true 2018.1
UNSUPPORTED_SIMULATORS string* true
UPGRADE_RESULT string true
UPGRADE_VERSIONS string* true
USED_LICENSE_KEYS string* true {{cmodel {v_cresample@2013.03 hardware_evaluation}} {testbench {v_cresample@2013.03 hardware_evaluation}} {changelog {v_cresample@2013.03 hardware_evaluation}} {simulation {v_cresample@2013.03 hardware_evaluation}} {synthesis {v_cresample@2013.03 hardware_evaluation}} {instantiation_template {v_cresample@2013.03 hardware_evaluation}}}
USER_LOCKED bool false 0

Licence file is in the .zip.

Hi @pgrangeray,

Going through your environment report, you have hardware evaluation license but it is showing as host id mismatch. 

Hence, you need to rehost this IP's license with correct host id as per your machine. For more info on it please check https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/36136.html

hostidmatch.JPG

Regards,

hemangd

Explorer

Hi @hemangd

I delete the licence, and generate a new licence.

Now, Host Id matches!

But bitstream generation fails again. Reset output and regenerate do not solve the problem.

I attach the new xinfo.txt file.

Hi @pgrangeray,

Re-create your project with this IP and check. 

If it does not help, post your error once again which you are facing now. 

Regards,

hemangd

@pgrangeray

I suspect the vivado must be using the existing cache of IP. Try clearing the IP cache under Settings-->IP. Now reset and regenerate the IP output products. 

Capture.JPG

--Syed

Explorer

@syedz You are genius!!

Problem solved! Big thank to you and @hemangd for your help.