UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Fail to match the licence file to the dongle

Jump to solution

Hello to all,

I have recently purchased two node locked licences for Vivado/Xilinx and dongles.
However, I have run into an issue with the software matching the dongle with the licence.
The installation of the USB drivers appears to have worked.
I base this on the fact that the Vivado licence manager recognises the two dongles.
See images attached (Img1)

However, the software fails to match the licence file to the dongle even though it states that Host ID licence is for 9-7579ef83,
and only that dongle is fitted to the PC.
Refer to the red bar in the image attached (Img2).

I have attached a copy of the licence file.
So far I have only generated a licence file for 1 dongle.

This is the first time that I have delt with Xilinx licence files, so hopefully its something simple.

Can you help me with this problem ?

Best regards,

Andrea

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Fail to match the licence file to the dongle

Jump to solution

Hello @andreac_avnet ,

Yes, in this case, please ignore the Host ID matches = NO message in VLM and you should have no licensing issues with Vivado tools. If you do, please let me know.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello @andreac_avnet ,

Can you please confirm if the red light of this dongle is ON when he plugs in the dongle into the machine?

image.png

If so, then this is an indication that the dongle's drivers are installed correctly and Vivado should have no issues in finding your dongle's related node-locked license file.

Well, typically, FLEX licensing works as long as the dongle is recognized on the system.

Can you please open a command prompt and CD to the location such as e.g.: C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2019.1/bin/unwrapped/win64.o

From here, type "lmutil lmhostid -flexid" to get the dongle FLEX ID and to check if the dongle is recognized (see my example screenshot below). If so, then Vivado should have no issue in finding and using your license that is generated targeting the Dongle's Flexid.

image.png

FYI - 

To license multiple machines with one node-locked license, you’d consider using a FLEX ID dongle (for more information, refer to the Licensing, Download and Installation FAQ page.  This topic is covered under "Using a Node-Locked License -> What is the preferred ID (MAC address, drive serial number, or dongle) to lock a Node-Locked License to?")

Flexera HASP HL dongle is just a “removable” Host ID. So when you attach a dongle to a computer, you are effectively giving that computer a Host ID of this dongle. The license is tied to the dongle’s Host ID, so it will only work on a computer when the dongle is plugged in.

Here is how it works. You’d just generate your license targeting a Dongle’s Flexid  and once you have your dongle correctly detected (this require dongle’s drivers to be installed on this Windows machine (AR#47132 https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/47132.html has the steps on how to install USB dongle drivers in windows.), Vivado and ISE (depending on what your Node-Locked license is: a NL license for Vivado or an ISE or both (if you’ve merged these licenses together)) be able to detect this Node-Locked license, compare Host ID in the license with the host id available on the machine (flexID in this case) and if these are matching, the license can then be successfully checked out and used by Vivado/ISE.

In relation to Host ID = No, this is just a reporting issue with VLM. You can ignore this and as long as "lmutil lmhostid -flexid" returns your dongle FLEX ID, you should have no licensing issues then.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hello @anatoli 
Thank you for replying.
I can confirm that the red LED fitted to the dongles illuminate when plugged in (see attached "led.jpg").

When I run the command line instruction with my user rights I get the following message (see attached "message.png").

When I run the command line instruction with local administrator rights I get the following response (see attached "message_admin").

I don’t think that it can be a driver issue, since Vivado license manager recognises the dongle and reports its ID (see "VivadoLM" attached).

Does this mean that I can ignore the error message in the VLM as per your e-mail?

“In relation to Host ID = No, this is just a reporting issue with VLM.
You can ignore this and as long as "lmutil lmhostid -flexid" returns your dongle FLEX ID, you should have no licensing issues then.”

Please advise.

Best regards,
Andrea

led.jpg
message.png
message_admin .png
VivadoLM.jpg
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @andreac_avnet ,

Yes, in this case, please ignore the Host ID matches = NO message in VLM and you should have no licensing issues with Vivado tools. If you do, please let me know.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos