cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed export compliance errror

Jump to solution

Respected Authority, 

I am a student at Sabanci University, Turkey currently in my home country Pakistan. I have downloaded Xilinx ISE suite before using my email id : muhammadammar@sabanciuniv.edu, but i had to reset my laptop and lost the software in the process. Now every time i try to re download, it gives me export compliance verification error. Please help me out here as I need to complete university assignments on this software as the deadline is approaching.  I have been emailing the support since the last 3 days but still haven't received any response. I need to register with the same email as soon as possible.

Anxiously waiting for your support. 

Thankyou, 

Muhammad Ammar

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @muhammadammar1 ,

As per the AR#44043 Pakistan comes under the E or D region as can been seen in the below snapshot.

AR#44043: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44043.html

https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/documents/regulation-docs/2255-supplement-no-1-to-part-740-country-groups-1/file

ansarimo_1-1603707675239.png

This means you won't be able to log into Xilinx Licensing Page nor be able to download Xilinx tools in some E or D regions and will face the export compliance issue as mentioned in the AR.

Xilinx doesn’t recommend to obtain Xilinx Software in some other country and then provide this to the user in these restricted areas, as you’d go against Xilinx Export Compliance rules and regulations.

For the download/export compliance issue in some E or D region, please contact Xilinx Authorized Distributor to assist you with this issue. And they in turn can then work with Xilinx Global Compliance Team and see what can be done in this situation.

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ansari Hunen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @muhammadammar1 ,

As per the AR#44043 Pakistan comes under the E or D region as can been seen in the below snapshot.

AR#44043: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44043.html

https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/documents/regulation-docs/2255-supplement-no-1-to-part-740-country-groups-1/file

ansarimo_1-1603707675239.png

This means you won't be able to log into Xilinx Licensing Page nor be able to download Xilinx tools in some E or D regions and will face the export compliance issue as mentioned in the AR.

Xilinx doesn’t recommend to obtain Xilinx Software in some other country and then provide this to the user in these restricted areas, as you’d go against Xilinx Export Compliance rules and regulations.

For the download/export compliance issue in some E or D region, please contact Xilinx Authorized Distributor to assist you with this issue. And they in turn can then work with Xilinx Global Compliance Team and see what can be done in this situation.

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ansari Hunen

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

I would be still studying if it wasn't for covid. I understand that Xilinx is banned in Pakistan, but I am only here since my university has switched to online education. This software makes 25% of my grade.

0 Kudos

Respected Authority, 

I would still be studying in Istanbul, but I had to come back to Pakistan as everything went online due to covid restrictions. I need this software as it makes 25% of my course grade at Sabanci University. Kindly, provide me with a clear name and his/her email id so I can talk to them about this issue. 

Hoping that you understand my situation, without this software I cannot pass the course. 

Muhammad Ammar 

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @muhammadammar1 ,

Unfortunately, there isn't anything can be done here. We have reached out to the Xilinx Global Export Compliance team and they have confirmed that since you are in a country that is blocked by the export controls, due to strict internal export control policy they/we can't unblock your profile.

As you are from an university, as an advice, please contact your University Professor to download the required software for you, as they would have access to download this. If needed, your professor can also contact Xilinx University Program team and see if they can do anything to provide the required software to you.

Apologies once again, however we must follow an US government policy and unfortunately, there is nothing else that can be done in this situation.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omer

my name is Omer and I'm an engineering student in Oman.

I have a export compliance issue. i have been trying to download the following reference design:

and I'm getting the following error message even though i have been entering the correct information.
Please correct the errors and send your information again.
We cannot fulfill your request as your account has failed export compliance verification.

Also, I can't file a service request because of the same issue. I've read all the related issues to this problem and none of them led me to a solution, so I think there is something wrong with my account in Xilinx system. Can anyone from Xilinx contact me and fix this?

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @Omer ,

Unfortunately, due to strict internal export control policy, it is no longer possible to maintain an online account in some E or D category countries.

The country that you are trying to obtain Xilinx license/software from has been identified as a D category county.

For more info, please go through the link below: https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/documents/regulation-docs/2255-supplement-no-1-to-part-740-country-groups-1/file

The Answer Record in the error message also explains this situation: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44043.html.

That is the reason for this error regarding export compliance that you are seeing.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

0 Kudos