Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Floating License Issue

Jump to solution

Hello all,

Recently, we have purchased a Vivado System Edition floating license (plus we have two older licenses, always floating system edition).
We also have a Xilinx evaluation kit (ZCU106), which natively has its own node locked license.
Given that for the structure of the corporate network I often find myself using more than one workstation I would like to know if it is possible to take advantage of the floating licenses that we also have for the evaluation kit.

Currently I did a test with Vivado 2016.3 which is currently installed on workstations that use floating licenses but the bit generation fails due to a license error.

Is there a way to resolve the situation?

Thanks in advance.
Andrea

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hello @andreac_avnet ,

Are you seeing an IP Core related licensing error or a Vivado "license feature not found" error when your bitstream fails? Please share the error message and we will be able to help you then.

Please note that Vivado scans all of you license available, and then, based on the version limit of all of your licenses found, if they are all valid licenses, the license that will be used is the one that has the older version limit in it. See AR https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44024.html to see which license takes precedence. No matter if this is a device locked license for the evel kit or a full purchased license file.

Please note that, if needed, you can change the checked out license order by using the “sort” string when the license component is available in multiple license packages. See the above AR for further details regarding this.

If you have any questions for me, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted

Hello @andreac_avnet ,

Are you seeing an IP Core related licensing error or a Vivado "license feature not found" error when your bitstream fails? Please share the error message and we will be able to help you then.

Please note that Vivado scans all of you license available, and then, based on the version limit of all of your licenses found, if they are all valid licenses, the license that will be used is the one that has the older version limit in it. See AR https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44024.html to see which license takes precedence. No matter if this is a device locked license for the evel kit or a full purchased license file.

Please note that, if needed, you can change the checked out license order by using the “sort” string when the license component is available in multiple license packages. See the above AR for further details regarding this.

If you have any questions for me, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post