cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

For Linux operating systems, licensing environment variables cannot be set using the Vivado License Manager(VLM) how to set this

Jump to solution

For Linux operating systems, licensing environment variables cannot be set using the Vivado License Manager(VLM)

The following workflow is only applicable for Windows.For Linux operating systems, licensing environment variables cannot be set using the Vivado License Manager(VLM). The environment variable fields are read only, so they are grayed out and there are no Set buttons. Theenvironment variable must be set using the appropriate OS shell and commands

what are the commands for ubuntu16.04

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: For Linux operating systems, licensing environment variables cannot be set using the Vivado License Manager(VLM) how to set this

Jump to solution

Hello @gsm2019 ,

Please do a Google search and you should find the way of setting this up on Ubuntu, as to me, this is depends on what shell you are using.

Here is an example link that i've just found: https://askubuntu.com/questions/58814/how-do-i-add-environment-variables

So, if you are in csh/tcsh, you'd need to use 'setenv' instead of 'export' (which is used in sh/bash shell)

To check what shell you are in, you can run this command:

echo $0

Then, based on the shell you are in, please set your environment variable as indicated in the link above.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: For Linux operating systems, licensing environment variables cannot be set using the Vivado License Manager(VLM) how to set this

Jump to solution

Hello @gsm2019 ,

On Ubuntu, you can use this command, e.g.:

export XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE=/opt/licenses:2100@server_name

In the above example command i've shown /opt/licenses as the folder where you'd have your Xilinx related Node-Locked licenses located, and '2100@server_name' - is your pointer to the floating license server, if you have one in place.

All the locations and servers must be separated by colons (:) (on Linux) as shown above. On Windows you'd need to use semicolons (;).

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

sameer-gsm@sameergsm-desktop:~$ export XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE=/home/sameer-gsm/.Xilinx/licenses:2100@LicServer
sameer-gsm@sameergsm-desktop:~$ echo XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE
XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE

THIS IS WHAT I have done and but no showing of any license in view lisense staus

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello @gsm2019 ,

Please do a Google search and you should find the way of setting this up on Ubuntu, as to me, this is depends on what shell you are using.

Here is an example link that i've just found: https://askubuntu.com/questions/58814/how-do-i-add-environment-variables

So, if you are in csh/tcsh, you'd need to use 'setenv' instead of 'export' (which is used in sh/bash shell)

To check what shell you are in, you can run this command:

echo $0

Then, based on the shell you are in, please set your environment variable as indicated in the link above.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos