Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Have a original vivado .lic file. Still license error occurs

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a original vivado license file which i got the with the Artix 7 FPGA board. After installing the license, i can see that the Expiration date is set to "Permanent" in the license manager. But still i get this error while running the simulation or synthesis.

ERROR: [Simtcl 6-50] Simulation engine failed to start: A valid license was not found for simulation. Please run the Vivado License Manager for assistance in determining which features and devices are licensed for your system.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Capture.JPG
0 Kudos
34 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @sandy_1022,

Go for Vivado Webpack license.

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hi @arpansur

Thanks a lot for all your help. I was finally able to simulate and synthesize an AND gate code on vivado 2015.4 using a webpack license.

Now is this webpack license device specific? Because i have to finally implement my code using the device that i have mentioned earlier(XC7a200tfbg676) and get the output on FPGA. So is it ok if i just specify the part at the start of a New project and go on?

Thanks,

Sandeep

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @sandy_1022,

You can only use the webpack devices as mentioned in my previous replies.

As your issue is resolved please close this thread by marking "Accept as solution" to the answer that addressed your query.

Also give kudos to the answers that you think helpful.

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

@arpansur

@ashishd

@tusharvi

@syedz

@nupurs

Oh yes sure! definitely!

I was finally able to install a webpack 

Thanks to all for your contributions.

Sandy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer
HI Sandy,

We are glad we could help you with the issue!
Feel free to open a new thread if you face any other issues.

Regards,
Tushar.
0 Kudos