Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Host ID Doesn't Match

Jump to solution

Hello.

I am getting a license error. The host ID doesn't match with the host ID in license. Till yesterday, everything was okay. But it suddenly started giving this error. My license contains license for xcvu095. Do I need to download a new webpack license file? In that case, will the webpack contain the license for xcvu095?  What is the solution? 

I am sorry but I am new to FPGA.

Thanks 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Host ID Doesn't Match

Jump to solution

The end-user or administrator can initiate a rehost (Modify License) operation from the Xilinx Product Licensing website.

To modify an existing certificated-based license key file, click on the Manage License tab, select the license key file in the master view, and then click the Modify License button in the detail view.

After clicking to agree to destroy all copies of this old key, you will be able to generate a new key for the new machine.

• An end-user is allowed three of these self-service re-host operations, and an administrator is allowed five deletions or rehosts per major release. 

• If that number is exceeded, the end-user or customer administrator needs to contact Xilinx Customer Service by submitting the following Customer Service Online Support Form to have automated rehosting/deletion permissions reset.: 

http://www.xilinx.com/askx/customer_service_form.htm

Note: If you are entitled to a site license for a feature, simply visit the Xilinx Product Licensing website and generate a new license with the HostID of the new computer.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @fireboy

Which license do you have? Share the license and Xinfo file which can be generated by running the below command in the Vivado tcl console:

report_environment -file <file_path>env.txt

FYI xcvu095 doesnot support webpack. Refer this link:

https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/vivado/vivado-webpack.html

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Jump to solution

Hi @fireboy

Generally, host id is made by serial number on HDD or UUID on HDD or mac address on NIC.

In this case, I suspect that HDD has any problem...

Could you confirm the status of your PC ?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

The end-user or administrator can initiate a rehost (Modify License) operation from the Xilinx Product Licensing website.

To modify an existing certificated-based license key file, click on the Manage License tab, select the license key file in the master view, and then click the Modify License button in the detail view.

After clicking to agree to destroy all copies of this old key, you will be able to generate a new key for the new machine.

• An end-user is allowed three of these self-service re-host operations, and an administrator is allowed five deletions or rehosts per major release. 

• If that number is exceeded, the end-user or customer administrator needs to contact Xilinx Customer Service by submitting the following Customer Service Online Support Form to have automated rehosting/deletion permissions reset.: 

http://www.xilinx.com/askx/customer_service_form.htm

Note: If you are entitled to a site license for a feature, simply visit the Xilinx Product Licensing website and generate a new license with the HostID of the new computer.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello @fireboy,

If you open your Vivado License Manager (VLM), and under View Host Information, do you see NIC ID that matches the Host ID in your license file? If not, that means that you may have generated your license targeting one of the e.g. wireless LAN Host ID and this got disabled now or changed and the MAC ID can no longer now be detected. If that is the case, as suggested by @balkris, please re-host or re-generate your license targeting one of the MAC IDs that are currently shown in your Vivado License Manager (VLM) under View Host Information. This will fix your issue then.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli Curran,

Xilinx Technical and Customer Support

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I have a question. Since the license was issued in host machine and registered under someone else's account, can I also modify the license?

Regards,

Soubhik

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you all for your suggestions.

The machine we are using is a shared machine. The license was issued under someone else's Xilinx account. As a result, that person's mail ID is visible in the license status. My question is can I also modify the license or do I need access to the other person's Xilinx account? If yes to the former, let me know how to do so?

Regards,

Soubhik

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @fireboy

You need to login to other person's account and re-host the license for host id of the machine as he is the only person whose account has the license from Xilinx. You cannot directly modify the license file outside. For rehosting the license please follow the below link:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/36136.html

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi @thakurr.

Thank you for reply.

0 Kudos