cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jiarui_tw
Visitor
Visitor

Host IDs Match 'No' Issue of Newly Redeemed Licenses in a New Computer for the Same Account

Jump to solution

Hello,

I bought a new computer because the capacity of the old computer is not enough. I'll need to use old and new computers. Yesterday, I redeemed two new-bought node-locked licenses in new computer. There is an issue.

The host ID is correct but the it displays 'No' at 'Host IDs Match' column in Vivado 2020.1 as shown in the pictures below. Could you please help? Thanks.

jiarui_tw_0-1600587706238.pngjiarui_tw_1-1600587751183.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anatoli

Hello @jiarui_tw ,

You can request to add more of these rehost attempts to your account.

To do this, you'd need to raise an Electronic Fulfillment SR with Xilinx Customer Service team (by logging in to https://www.xilinx.com/support.html#serviceportal -> LICENSING), asking them to assign more of the rehost attempts to your profile. They will then be able to add more of these for you. With that, you can then re-host your license for your new hard disk.

In relation to the re-hosting your license, please see User Guide 973: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_2/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf#page=59

On page 59 (onward), here you can find info regarding "Modifying Licenses". By following these steps, you should be able to re-host/modify your license for your new PC/Server. If you still have any issues, please let us know.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
philipwu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @jiarui_tw 

This is post details a similar issue that you are experiencing. You can try this out and see if it works for you: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/Host-ID-Doesn-t-Match/td-p/815576 

jiarui_tw
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @philipwu,

It doesn't solve my issue. I think that it is a bug of Vivado (2020.1). A FAE from the Xilinx' local distributor - AnStek helped me using a Newly applied 30 days license and the problem could not be solved.

It seems that only a single computer/a single host ID is allowed for the same Xilinx's account although there are separate licenses at different machines. 

Best regards,

Ray Huang

0 Kudos
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @jiarui_tw ,

Please check if you are using the supported OS for Vivado 2020.1, refer to the following user guide for supported OS:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2020_1/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf#page=8

As mentioned in the AR-42398 the valid host-id and hostname can be found from the VLM, system information, follow the below steps to check the valid host-id and hostname for your PC.

1. Open Vivado
  2. From the top panel, select Help.
  3. Select Manage License.
  4. Then System Information.

From the system information use any of the available host-id and rehost your Node-locked license to the valid host-id, refer to the following user guide for rehosting:

UG973 Rehost: Change Node-Locked or License Server Host ID for a License File: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2020_1/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf#page=28

If this also does not help you to resolve the issue then please share the following files to check this issue:

1. License file(.lic)
  2. Run the below command from Vivado TCL console and share the generated xinfo.txt file, run pwd to know the location if this file.

report_environment -file xinfo.txt

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.

jiarui_tw
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @ansarimo @philipwu,

Thanks for help.

Here are related print screen information. I tried to modify Arty-7A35T license from the Old Computer to New one. It exceeds the maximum number of license key generation if I select "Next" in the previous choice. 

The interesting point here is that even for a newly applied 30-day free SDAccel license in the New Computer (No further modification for license) as shown in the first picture, it shew 'No' at Host IDs match column.

jiarui_tw_0-1601908987245.png

This second picture is PC system information.

jiarui_tw_1-1601909071173.png

This picture shows PC Host ID information in the New Computer.

jiarui_tw_2-1601909150473.png

This is the related license information for SDAccel 30 day free.

jiarui_tw_0-1601909813272.png

Here are other Newly redeemed licenses which had a similar issue with a New Computer with the New Host ID.

jiarui_tw_1-1601909908840.png

jiarui_tw_2-1601909936976.png

Other information which may be useful:

jiarui_tw_3-1601909982135.pngjiarui_tw_4-1601910003577.png

Here is the information when I wanted to modify the modified Newly redeemed license from Old Host ID to the New Host ID back.

jiarui_tw_5-1601910052139.png

0 Kudos
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @jiarui_tw ,

The snaps you shared are not clear, it would be much better if you can attach your license files instead of copy-pasting also, share the generated xinfo.txt file.

Try rehosting only the license file you want to use and its host-id is shown as not matched:

UG973 Rehost: Change Node-Locked or License Server Host ID for a License File: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2020_1/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf#page=28

Also, share the snapshot of the Manage License search paths tab from VLM.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

jiarui_tw
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @ansarimo @philipwu,

The license file of SDAccel and the xinfo.txt are as attached. Thanks for help.

Best regards,

Ray Huang

0 Kudos
jiarui_tw
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @ansarimo @philipwu,

Here is another file. Thanks.

Best regards,

Ray Huang 

0 Kudos
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @jiarui_tw ,

Thanks for sharing the requested files.

As you are using Disk serial number for your node-locked license and its length should be a minimum of 8 digits/alphabets otherwise Xilinx product licensing page will not allow adding that Disk number for license generation but as can be seen in the snapshot below your systems Disk number is of only 7 digits/alphabets and I suspect while generating license file you added one extra zero due to which Host-ID's are not matched.

ansarimo_0-1602137304892.png

ansarimo_1-1602137391644.png

Instead of using Disk serial number try using any other available host id's, Navigate to system information to check for the available host-id, or else use anyone of the following and re-host your license by following the steps mentioned from my previous messages:

ansarimo_2-1602137579007.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

anatoli

Hello @jiarui_tw ,

As correctly indicated by @ansarimo , the issue here is, the license generation added 0 at the beginning of the disk serial number, to meat the minimum requirements. Hence, you see Host ID Match = NO.

However, the license should still work. Have you tried using Vivado and do you see a licensing issue? If not, you can safely ignore this Host ID Match = NO, as all it does, it compares your disk serial number within your license file and what is on the machine, and it expect 8 digits Hex value. Since your machine's disk serial number is only 7 digits Hex value, it automatically adds 0 to the front of the  disk serial number. Then does the comparison.  Due to this,  Host ID Match = NO.

Again, if you could test Vivado and see if the license gets picked up. If so, then you can ignore the Host ID Match = NO visual issue in VLM.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
jiarui_tw
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @ansarimo@anatoli,

Thank you very much to help to find the root cause. The license was automatically generated by Xilinx and '0' was also added automatically. Is it ok if I change the host ID (remove '0') manually after a license was generated or how can I modify my disk serial number to add '0' to avoid this issue in future?

I'll try to re-host the newly-redeemed licenses from the Old computer to the New computer again, and will report to you when there is any issue.

Thanks you very much for your great support.

est regards,

Ray Huang  

0 Kudos
jiarui_tw
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @anatoli @ansarimo,

PS. Without modification of the disk serial number to 8-digit, the re-hosting should fail again although I modified the newly redeemed licenses for one time only from the New computer to the Old computer. So, I'll need to fix 7-digit Host ID issue if I just want to lock the Disk serial number. Thanks.

Best regards,

Ray Huang 

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @jiarui_tw ,

Again, could you please test Vivado and see if the license gets picked up or not? To me, the license should still work. If so, then you can ignore the Host ID Match = NO visual issue in VLM.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
jiarui_tw
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @anatoli,

I never used SDAccel. The purpose to apply that license was to test by a FAE of the Xilinx’ distributor - AnStek because I had the problem and could not modify the host ID of the newly redeemed licenses from the old computer to the new computer back, either. Today, I bought a new SSD hard disk with a higher capacity which has a 8-digit Host ID and I’m moving all the installation in the new computer to the new hard disk with a higher capacity (500G) by Ghost. Then, I try to modify the newly redeemed Arty-7A35T and SDSoC Node-locked licenses from the old to the new computer but it still failed. It said that I exceeded the number of limit. So, I’m stuck here and couldn’t do any further testing. Forget about the hard disk with 7-digit Host ID (128G SSD Hard Disk) and please help me to work around with the new hard disk (500G SSD Hard Disk) which has an 8-digit Host ID. Could you please help me to move the above licenses to the new computer? I can provide you the host ID of the new hard disk (with 8-digit Host ID) to you. Thanks.

Best regards,

Ray Huang

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @jiarui_tw ,

You can request to add more of these rehost attempts to your account.

To do this, you'd need to raise an Electronic Fulfillment SR with Xilinx Customer Service team (by logging in to https://www.xilinx.com/support.html#serviceportal -> LICENSING), asking them to assign more of the rehost attempts to your profile. They will then be able to add more of these for you. With that, you can then re-host your license for your new hard disk.

In relation to the re-hosting your license, please see User Guide 973: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_2/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf#page=59

On page 59 (onward), here you can find info regarding "Modifying Licenses". By following these steps, you should be able to re-host/modify your license for your new PC/Server. If you still have any issues, please let us know.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

View solution in original post