cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

How do you set XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE when using Fedora linux Mate (Gnome 2) launcher?

We use a floating license server here at work.  I added the export definition for XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE and the settings64.sh script to my .bashrc.  If I run vivado from a terminal session everything works.  If I use the launcher setup by the Vivado installer the XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE env variable doesn't get set.

Where/what is the proper way to set this up so that I can just double-click the launcher icon to start Vivado?

Thanks,

Marc

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How do you set XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE when using Fedora linux Mate (Gnome 2) launcher?

Hi @cramcram

Open Vivado License Manager through Vivado GUI (i.e., Vivado launcher --> Vivado GUI --> Help --> Manage License) and check for XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE is set?

If it is not set, set this environmental variable using export command with root privileges.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: How do you set XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE when using Fedora linux Mate (Gnome 2) launcher?

Thanks for the reply Vinay.

I'm surprised I didn't think of the easiest solution right off the bat.  I simply created a shell script that sets the licensing variable and executes the settings64.sh script then starts vivado.  Then I changed the launcher icon to run that script instead of directly starting Vivado.

Thanks again,

Marc

0 Kudos