cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to do a silent install without needing to manually accept license

Hello

I need to deploy Xilinx via Microsoft's SCCM.  In other words, I need to be able to do a completely unattended install.  Things looked bright at first because you have the batch installer

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/32330.htm

However, when you run this. e.g. with

batchxsetup.exe -batch install_xilinx.bat --silent

It asks the user to manually accept a VERY long license agreement.  It takes an age for it all to scroll past - possibly longer than using the GUI.

Most batch installers I have used allow the administrator to change a flag in the install response file to auto-accept the license agreement.  Is it possible to do this with Xilinx?

Best Wishes,

Mike

University of Manchester

@walkingrandomly

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Just create the batch file as stated in the link and add eula_accepted=Y to the top of the batch file.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Mike,

Below is the information regarding the silent install file and allow bypassing the EULA’s:

Xilinx requires each machine that our tools are installed on to have the EULA accepted by the installer. The end user license agreement (EULA) for version 11.x /12.x /13.x/14.x of the ISE Design Suite of software tools must be accepted by each Licensee (as defined in the EULA) at least one time by running through the installer GUI or batch mode. After a Licensee has accepted the EULA and installed one copy of the Software (as defined by the EULA),such Licensee may install additional copies of the licensed Software in any convenient manner including by copying the installation folder to other machines, provided that Licensee complies with the EULA in all respects. If this is a Windows installation,once the Software is copied to a new machine, the "shortcutSetup.bat" command should be run from the common subfolder to setup desktop icons, and start menu items.

So, once you have the application installed on one computer, just move the whole install (e.g. C:\Xilinx\14.x) to another machine and run the shortcutsetup.bat under C:\Xilinx\14.x\ISE_DS\common\bin\nt[or nt64] to get the correct shortcuts, etc.

There is no way to turn off the EULA agreement, but as I stated, you can copy the installation file in, as per the above procedure.

Regards,

Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

If the goal is to create an automated setup without user interaction the workaround is quite useless as the shortcutsetup.bat start the gui setup. I am in the exact same situation as  walkingrandomly so just asking if this is the latest and greatest way of doing this!?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@zulg

Check Batch Mode Installation Flow on page 34 of https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_2/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
Highlighted

OK so i really hope u are right and this will work now as i spent 2 days playing with the 14 gig fileblob from anatoli's

0 Kudos