UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

I have license for Vivado Design Suite System Edition, which file should I download ?

I see only the following versions for download:

Vivado Design Suite - HLx Editions

Will my license work with this ?

If my license subscription date ended in Feb. 2017, which version do I need to download  2017.4 ? 2017.3 ? ....

If my license subscription date ended in 31 May 2015, which version do I need to download ?

If my license subscription will end in 2019, I presume I can download the 2018.1 version ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: I have license for Vivado Design Suite System Edition, which file should I download ?

Hi @dag1,

If you have purchased Vivado system edition license, than you can check this AR for its version limit. You may require minimum version limit in your license file which can be used with respective Vivado version. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/33770.html

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: I have license for Vivado Design Suite System Edition, which file should I download ?

I looked at the AR but I still have a question:

My license says  Vivado Design Suite System Edition subscription until 2019 May.

So I understand from the AR that I can run any version until 2019 May.

Now, I look and I see only the following versions for download: Vivado Design Suite - HLx Editions

Does the fact that my license says System Edition means I still can run HLx Editions ?

0 Kudos

Hi @dag1,

Please share your license file to evaluate it. 

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

I have several licenses, here is one which is relatively older (I have newer ones but I have not yet created licenses )

# ----- REMOVE LINES ABOVE HERE --------------------------

#

# This license is valid from Wed Feb 03 13:30:15 UTC 2016.

#

# This is license NODELOCKED to HOSTID=3CD92B552D0A;

# there is no need to run lmgrd for this license.

#

#

# This is a permanent license generated on Wed Feb 03 13:30:15 UTC 2016

INCREMENT Vivado_System_Edition xilinxd 2017.02 permanent uncounted \

06135D57C6AE \

VENDOR_STRING=dag1,Vivado_System_Edition,software,permanent,_176907724_178754234_210622665_467 \

HOSTID=3cd92b552d0a ISSUER="Xilinx Inc" START=03-Feb-2016 \

TS_OK

#

#

# ----------------------------------------------------------------------

#  The following PACKAGE definition is a REQUIRED part of this license:

#

PACKAGE Vivado_System_Edition xilinxd 2017.02 870E61497D07 \

COMPONENTS="SDK ChipScopePro_SIOTK ChipscopePro ISE SysGen XPS \

Simulation Implementation Analyzer HLS Synthesis ISIM \

PlanAhead" OPTIONS=SUITE

#

# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#

# ----- REMOVE LINES BELOW HERE --------------------------

0 Kudos

Hello @dag1,

Indeed, any Vivado release that would come out before the end of May 2019, this license will work fine for these releases.

Please note that even when the version limit is expires, the license is permanent, so will still be valid and will work forever for any older Vivado releases that came out before the end of May 2019.

In relation to Vivado Design Suite HLx Editions, HLx means All Editions, i.e.: System, Design, WebPACK

Therefore, if you have a System Edition license, this contains all the Vivado related licensing features, including System Generator for DSP, see here for more info: https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/vivado.html#buy

Therefore, at the Vivado installation stage, you'll be prompt to select which HLx Editions you'd like to install i.e.: System, Design, WebPACK. I would suggest for you to install System Edition.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks for the good explanation

0 Kudos

Hello @dag1,

Thanks a lot for letting us know.

As/If your query is answered, please mark an appropriate response as Accepted Solution (more info on this can be found here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/solutions#solutions), so  the topic can be completed then. We appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance and have a great day.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos