Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I have successfully installed Vivado 2018.2 WebPack on two Win 10 PCs. NO ICON

Jump to solution

I have successfully installed Vivado 2018.2 WebPack on: Win 10 PCs. 64 bit dell inspiron 15 5000 series

The installer says it has successfully completed, but the Start Menu Group for Xilinx tools is not created nor are the Desktop icons.

I have repeated for  vivado 2017.4 WebPack, then  vivado 2016.4 WebPack. and 2015.4

Same result.

I attempt to run C;\Xilinx\Vivado\201?\bin\unwrapped\win64.io\Vivado.exe  and always get the following series of errors:

The program can't start because librdi_commonmain.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

The program can't start because librdi_common.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

The program can't start because SHSMP64.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

The program can't start because libboost_signals.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Vivado then fails to launch.

I have uninstalled all Xilinx tools, restarted the PC and attempted a fresh install again. I get the same results. I have administrator rights on this PC.

I have installed and updated Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015  and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017

lots of reboots.

and i cant find the 4 DLL to install by hand.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

0 Kudos
30 Replies
Highlighted

Hello @timothy4g,

Thanks for the clarifications.

To me, unfortunately, this seems to be a machine specific issue. However, i'm glad we found a workaround for this and you are up and running fine now.

Anyhow, since the problem is now addressed, this topic can be closed at this stage. As such, please mark a response as 'Accepted Solution' (more info on this can be found here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/solutions#solutions), so that the topic can be completed then. We appreciate your help.

Have a lovely day ahead.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos