UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie xilinx_sree

IP Hardware Evaluation license not working on Vivado 2015.4

Jump to solution

I need the IP licenses for the Ethernet AVB Endpoint and Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC IP cores. I downloaded the Hardware Evaluation license for these cores and loaded the license using Vivado License Manager. When I check the license status in VLM, it shows IP Hardware Evaluation license is available for these cores (Screenshot 1). But if I check the license status of theTri-Mode Ethernet MAC from the IP catalog, it shows Design_Liknking license is available (Screenshot 2) and hence I am not able to generate bitstream for these IP cores. I tried the same thing on Vivado 2017.4 and it works fine. However, I need to use Vivado 2015.4 for my project.

Can you please suggest what might be the issue with Vivado 2015.4?

Vivado License Manager.png
License_status.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: IP Hardware Evaluation license not working on Vivado 2015.4

Jump to solution

Hi @xilinx_sree,

Based on your first screenshot, shows that your Hostid  does not match for your licenses and that's why that Host IDs Match column is saying No. 

TO match the host ids you need to rehost your HW evaluation licenses for your IPs which you want to use. And to rehost it follow this AR - https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/36136.html

And that's why your VLM is not detecting the HW eval. licenses and shows the default design linking license in license status.

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @xilinx_sree,

Based on your first screenshot, shows that your Hostid  does not match for your licenses and that's why that Host IDs Match column is saying No. 

TO match the host ids you need to rehost your HW evaluation licenses for your IPs which you want to use. And to rehost it follow this AR - https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/36136.html

And that's why your VLM is not detecting the HW eval. licenses and shows the default design linking license in license status.

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.

View solution in original post

Newbie xilinx_sree

Jump to solution

Hi @hemangd,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion! I was able to solve the license problem and now I can generate bitstream succesfully. I found that the ethernet port name in my Ubuntu machine was eno1 which was not recognized by Vivado. Therefore, in the Host Information in VLM the NIC ID was “0000000000” which caused the host id mismatch. Changing the ethernet port name in Ubuntu to eth0  solves the problem! 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @xilinx_sree,

Glad your issue resolved. 

Now close this thread by marking it accepted solution so community remains healthy. 

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

0 Kudos