cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryandunn
Visitor
Visitor

ISE 10.1 EDK Installation

I am trying to install ISE 10.1 with EDK. I got the 25 digit registration ID which is supposed to be good for all 10.1 products including ISE (https://www.xilinx.com/member/10x_and_prior_regids.html). I am having the same issue as the last post here, which is that the option to install EDK is grayed out.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
anatoli

Hello @ryandunn ,

As per the note below, what exact OS are you trying to install ISE 10.1 onto?

Also, is there a reason why you must use ISE 10.1 and not the latest ISE 14.7? I'm guessing this is dependent on the device in question, am i right?

image.png

Anyhow, if XPS and SDK (i.e. EDK=XPS+SDK) is needed, you can obtain and install this separately (using the same Reg ID)

image.png

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
ryandunn
Visitor
Visitor

I am running Windows 10 (64-bit). I am using ISE 10.1 because I am trying to rebuild an old project for an old part.

I was able to install EDK using the separate installer with a few issues. First, I had to execute edk/bin/nt/setup.exe since the top level executable edk/setup.exe would not run. Second, ISE doesn't seem to realize that XPS is now installed. When I try to open the XPS project from within ISE, an error says that XPS is not installed. If I run XPS separately and try to open the XPS project, it complains that it is a project managed by project navigator (ISE) and using XPS directly could corrupt it.

0 Kudos