UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant blackops
Participant

ISE 10.1 on Linux CentOS5 32 bit

I have downloaded the distribution, now when i execute ./setup from the downloaded and extracted folder nothing happens! I also tried to execute it directly from bin/lin folder.. same thing nothing happens, installation does not start.. any ideas? thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

ISE 10.1 on Linux CentOS5 32 bit

Guys, help needed!

Me too, I have the same problem when trying to install ISE 12.2 on Linux - my Linux is Fedora 13 32-bit. I downloaded the file "Xilinx_ISE_DS_Lin_12.2_M.63c.1.1.tar", unpacked and typed "./xsetup" as root user in the source folder. The result is - nothing happens - no message, no warning, nothing. Any suggestions ?

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Re: ISE 10.1 on Linux CentOS5 32 bit

I have almost solved the problem...

In my previous post I had forgot to mention that I tried to install ISE on Linux working on VirtualBox. Of course I could not understand why ISE cannot be installed under an OS working under VirtualBox - I see no reason for this. Maybe Xilinx should update their install script to properly detect OSs and display some message to the user.

Secondly, I have installed ISE WebPack 12.2 under normal 64-bit Fedora 8 (no VirtualBox anymore). Now I want to ask - what rights/permissions should I set to ISE files and folders to be able to use normally the License Manager (and the ISE)??? I have installed the software as "root" user and the License Manager was not able to start from whithin the GUI - neither running as "root" or normal user! Why? If I run the manager from a console it works and even seems to copy the ".lic" file in the proper place. The problem is that I have to start the software as "root" user each time for the license to be accepted - otherwise a warning message is displayed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

From my experience,

- tar -xf in linux rather than windows to keep the file permission

- don't need to install using "root".

- If permission problem happens, use chmod -R 777 for the installation files.

BTW, I have seen people use ISE in vmware.

0 Kudos
Visitor defrankel
Visitor

I've seen this behavior on Fedora when SeLinux is not in Permissive mode.  When SeLinux blocks the ISE installation, which it typically does,  the symptom is that xsetup seems to do nothing when invoked.

0 Kudos